Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs docs?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 months ago #296314 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs docs?

What page are you looking at??? :dry:
That button is MISSING from www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-paid-subscriptions
(using latest Chrome browser...)

It doesn't display at the top unless you're logged in and are subscribed to CBSubs or Developer plan. It's always available at the bottom and on the downloads page. Reason for that UX is it could steal focus from "Buy" and there's generally no reason for someone to view the technical manual without first purchasing (they can get an idea of what the product does from the page it self and our demo).

From the customer's point of view - when I go to your site menu and select Support (resources) | Documentation | CB Paid Subscriptions... I expect to find the program's documentation (manual!) there. Can't you just one-time hack in a little Article with a link to the manual there? After all we are talking about your FLAGSHIP product here!! ( we would never have bought CB if there was no "CB Subs"...)

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/280-cb-paid-subscriptions/getting-started/18747-manual

You still need to be logged in to be able to download the manual, but a subscription is not required to download the manual.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikerotec
  • mikerotec
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #296315 by mikerotec
Replied by mikerotec on topic CBSubs docs?

krileon wrote: ... and there's generally no reason for someone to view the technical manual without first purchasing (they can get an idea of what the product does from the page it self and our demo).

I have to respectfully disagree - the LAST thing I would ever do is shell out hundreds of dollars for a software product of this kind without clearly understanding its exact capabilities. "The devil is in the details"... ;)
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by mikerotec.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 months ago #296316 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs docs?

mikerotec wrote:

krileon wrote: ... and there's generally no reason for someone to view the technical manual without first purchasing (they can get an idea of what the product does from the page it self and our demo).

I have to respectfully disagree - the LAST thing I would ever do is shell out hundreds of dollars for a software product of this kind without clearly understanding its exact capabilities. "The devil is in the details"... ;)

Suppose it depends on the person and the situation. I'd completely agree if there was no demo available. We provide a completely accessible (frontend and backend) demo, which personally I prefer over any form of documentation any day. Being able to play around with the product care free at no cost is a big way to get me to buy software, lol.

I've also added manual articles for CB and GJ documentation pages as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon