Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Like button re-appearing in nested comments

• ssvt
  • ssvt
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #296887 by ssvt
Getting closer to solving it I think. I followed your note to look in the module. Likes were disabled. However, if I disabled Replies, the "likes" disappeared. (But also, the ability to reply to a comment was gone and the hierarchy of the message was flat.

See the two attached images. the first with Replies enabled, the second is the same thread with Replies disabled. In both cases Likes were disabled. Can you confirm that the setting I have for "Likes" as shown in the third picture is correct?

The biggest impact is it seems we would not be able to reply to comments.

Thanks much!
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by ssvt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #296896 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Like button re-appearing in nested comments
You need to disable Likes for Replies. Not disable Replies entirely. Edit your module then click the Activity tab. Scroll until you see "Replies" in bold. Under that at the bottom of the page is Likes, which you can disable or set back to "Same as Global" and disable globally.

If you're using an asset of "profile" it will likely try to rebuild its parameters from the profile activity stream, which takes its parameters from the Activity tab. None of this particularly matters though since Likes for Replies is in all cases default disabled. You'd of had to of enabled it somewhere for it to even do that.

Set your module to "Same as Global". Edit the Activity tab in CB > Tab Management and set Activity > Comments > Replies > Likes usage also to "Same as Global". Next edit the Activity plugin and set the Activity > Comments > Replies > Likes to Disabled. That should disable it globally for all streams and is the default behavior.

If still having trouble after doing this please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssvt

• ssvt
  • ssvt
7 years 1 month ago #296934 by ssvt
Thanks, still no joy so PM sent.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #296939 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and had to disable it under Comments > Replies > Likes, which isn't correct. Looks like the parameter isn't properly inheriting from the activity stream parameters. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6757

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ssvt
  • ssvt
7 years 1 month ago #296940 by ssvt
Thank you. Very much appreciate the effort.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 1 month ago #296941 by krileon
Wasn't able to find any reason for this in the code. Also can't replicate your issue locally or on our demo site. Not sure why those parameters are being lost. Try creating a new Activity module and see if that resolves it. I however recommend first updating everything installed to see if it's just an out of date conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssvt

Moderators: beatnantkrileon