Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Save and Continue Application

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #298602 by Spiralmind
[SOLVED] Save and Continue Application was created by Spiralmind
Hello, I orgininally bought this so we could have an online application for someone to fill in a large amount of info and be able to come back when needed and fill it in. The goal was to force them to finish all of it before we got notified and then we review the info and publish their profile. They need to do this each year to stay a member.

1. I added a few things to a tab in the edit profile and made them required. Now if I don't do all the required things in that tab I cannot save it via the update button. Is there a way to bypass this? If not you mentioned a way to be notified of certain actions so maybe these do not have to be required. Any ideas on how to accomplish this would be helpful. I don't want to have too many tabs.

2. Is there a method to upload multiple images or files at once? Many extensions have a multi-file upload option. Just wondering if that's a possibility.

3. Is there a way to have the progress bar in the Edit Your Details, not in a tab? Can it be above somewhere? Can it be a module so I can place it where I like?

Thanks for your help with this. I'll try and read more on various things to avoid too many questions.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298611 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Save and Continue Application

Hello, I orgininally bought this so we could have an online application for someone to fill in a large amount of info and be able to come back when needed and fill it in. The goal was to force them to finish all of it before we got notified and then we review the info and publish their profile. They need to do this each year to stay a member.

CB has no functionality for what you're trying to do. There is no multi-stage registration form beyond step by step, but that's not a pause and resume feature. There is also no re-approval process unless you force their entire account unapproved again, which I suppose you could do using CB Auto Actions.

Is there a way to bypass this?

Beyond using CB Conditional to hide those fields or CB Privacy to block their edit access, no.

2. Is there a method to upload multiple images or files at once? Many extensions have a multi-file upload option. Just wondering if that's a possibility.

For File/Image fields you can upload to multiple fields at once. Each field only can contain 1 file. Beyond that you need CB Gallery, which can handle multi uploading as well as drag and drop uploading.

3. Is there a way to have the progress bar in the Edit Your Details, not in a tab? Can it be above somewhere? Can it be a module so I can place it where I like?

No, it has to be in a tab unless you put it in a module and that module is in a position above profile edit. As for module you can substitute it into a CB Content Module using [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #298861 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Save and Continue Application

No, it has to be in a tab unless you put it in a module and that module is in a position above profile edit. As for module you can substitute it into a CB Content Module using [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /].

I have installed the content module but it's not apparent how to do what you are instructing me to do. Can you give me more detailed instructions?

Thank you

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298873 by krileon

I have installed the content module but it's not apparent how to do what you are instructing me to do. Can you give me more detailed instructions?

You can use substitutions in a CB Content Module. See the below regarding substitution usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

In your case you need to substitute in the HTML display of the progress field so you'd need to use the below.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /]

This will however substitute in the field for the user viewing the profile and not the user displayed so you'll likely have to use the below to cover the usecase of a moderator editing the user.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" user="#displayed" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #298889 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Save and Continue Application
Hello, I am not a programmer and this is way too confusing to me.

I copied your last code into the module and nothing is happening.

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298897 by krileon
You need to replace FIELD_NAME with the actual name of the field. You don't need to be a programmer. It's just a shortcode usage, which we've described in detail how to use in your tutorial below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon