Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Save and Continue Application

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #298901 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Save and Continue Application
Clearly I am not able to understand what you are asking me. What am I replacing exactly?

The progress field is cb_yourprogress in the field manager. I have swapped this out but still it shows nothing in the module but the module title.

[cb:userfield field="cb_yourprogress" user="#displayed" /]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #298904 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Save and Continue Application

Clearly I am not able to understand what you are asking me. What am I replacing exactly?

FIELD_NAME is where you'd put your actual fields name found in CB > Field Management.

The progress field is cb_yourprogress in the field manager. I have swapped this out but still it shows nothing in the module but the module title.

[cb:userfield field="cb_yourprogress" user="#displayed" /]

I'm not sure if #displayed will work in profile edit. Try using just the below.

[cb:userfield field="cb_yourprogress" /]

You also need to ensure your progress field is set to display on profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by krileon.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #298906 by Spiralmind
That does not seem to work either. Is it possible for you to do this for me? I am stumped. This one of the main criteria for my using the extension and buying the pro version.

Thank you

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298907 by krileon
The field needs to be displayed on profile and its tab needs to be accessible. That substitution will then display the progress field of the person viewing profile edit the same way it'd display on their profile. Ensure your module position can even output in the position you chose for the module though. You can do that by just adding some text to the module to see if anything is even displaying from the module.

I don't know what more to tell you. We do not do install reviews on demand and configuration assistance beyond instructed here is not included in support so no we will not configure this for you. We only review installs if we suspect a bug, which I do not. You may want to consider hiring a web designer to assist with configuring your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #298908 by Spiralmind
Hello, I just bought this with the understanding you might help out. From what I can tell the module is showing because I can see the module heading. I have it in a tab as well. It just is not showing the progress information. Surely you can help me?

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298912 by krileon
The substitution you're using substitutes in the profile view display of the field. If you do not have the field set to display on profile then it won't be able to substitute in. Ensure the field is displaying on profile view (not just profile edit like you have now).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon