Skip to Content Skip to Menu

File Upload Questions

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299272 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic File Upload Questions

I see, it does not actually rename the file on the server.

Correct.

I have a checkbox that when checked opens the file upload field. I have this condition set in the file upload field.

display: field conditional self
field: checkbox field above the file upload
operator: not empty
mode: show

Checkbox can't really be empty. It's 1 or 0|NULL. You should use the following for checkbox conditions to be reliable.

Is Checked
Operator: Equal To
Value: 1
Translate Value: No

Is NOT Checked
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: 1
Translate Value: No

It works fine, when I check the box the file upload opens and I can upload a file, but when I press update it reloads and the checkbox is unchecked. It won't stay checked. This is how I have some other fields set to show up and they work. Is there some behavior with the upload that causes this? I tried it required and not reburied no difference.

I'm guessing you've multiple conditions on your checkbox. A field can only be conditioned once. Having multiple conditions on a field results in the conditions fighting for control. The value of the field is likely being reset as result of that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299287 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic File Upload Questions
Hello, so there is only one condition set here and it's on the checkbox to open the file upload. Should the condition be be set the other way around? Should the condition be on the file upload instead?

I seem to get these mixed up on which field should have the conditions.

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299294 by krileon
Your checkbox field is the field that isn't saving as checked, correct? You likely either have a conditional self or conditional others on the checkbox in that case. Yes, the file field should have the condition to show/hide the file field.

See below regarding CB Conditional 5.0.0 as the entire condition UX is being redone and improved. It won't be possible to configure condition conflicts anymore as well. CB Conditional 5.0.0 is releasing today or tomorrow.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/237682-what-am-i-working-on

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299298 by Spiralmind
I do have this on the file upload. I cannot find any other conditions set anywhere for this field or the checkbox. I am going to wait and set this when the update comes out now to see.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299300 by krileon
Unpublish CB Conditional then see if your checkbox field saves. This would let you know if it's indeed a condition causing it to not save.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299301 by Spiralmind
Good idea, I unpublished the plugin and it still will not save. Any other reasons for this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon