Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] 500 error with expired membership

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #300615 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 500 error with expired membership
That was a little tricky to find, but what's going on is you've an infinite protection loop. When attempting to access a protected URL it's trying to send them to CBSubs, which is using the CB profile menu item id to reach the CBSubs endpoint. Specifically that's the below URL.

/index.php/members/profile/public-profile/pluginclass/cbpaidsubscriptions?do=accessdenied&accesstype=menus&accessvalue=125&accessurl=

The problem with this is that URL or one of its parents is being protected by a CBSubs plan so it gets redirected to the below.

/index.php/members/profile/public-profile/pluginclass/cbpaidsubscriptions?do=accessdenied&accesstype=menus&accessvalue=165&accessurl=SUPER_LONG_STRING_HERE

It just does this over and over building the accessurl until it crashes, because it's stuck in this loop. Reviewing your menu items it's because you're protecting "mainmenu/Profile" parent (menu id 166) and child (menu id 165). Menu id 166 is "profile" in the above URL and menu id 165 is "public-profile" in the above URL. You are also protecting "members" in the above URL (menu id 50 and listed as "mainmenu/Members"). Seams to just be a menu protection issue and removing protection of "mainmenu/Profile" from your plans may resolve it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edjec

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
6 years 9 months ago #300617 by edjec
Replied by edjec on topic [Solved] 500 error with expired membership
I removed the mainmenu/Profile protection on the expired plan and it did not make a difference. So I then removed all Member menu protections and it still threw the 500 errors on each menu item.

To solve the conflicts, I had to delete the mainmenu/Profile, mainmenu/Edit Profile protections in all eleven available plans to eliminate the 500 errors, even though I was just working with a single plan.

It appears that the profile functions are internally blocked by CB for expired subscriptions. So, it seems that having two protections on Profile and Edit Profile (the internal protection and the duplicate plan protection) are what threw this into an endless unresolved loop; just as you said.

Kyle, I can’t thank you enough for persevering through this with me!

Have a Happy New Year!

Ed
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon