Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] 500 error with expired membership

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
6 years 10 months ago #300473 by edjec
Replied by edjec on topic 500 error with expired membership
Thanks for bearing with me on this Kyle,

There are no third party SEF extensions on the site, only the Joomla SEF URLS was enabled.
To reiterate, with SEF URLs – On and Use URL Rewriting – Off, the site 500 error page is displayed.

Enabling Use URL Rewriting - On results in a server error :

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@mySite.org to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 303 See Other error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The .htaccess file has the latest Joomla recommendations and Mod_rewrite is enabled. I even disabled .htaccess and still received the 500 errors.

All Joomla extensions are current and the Protostar template exhibits the same errors.

The cause of the aforementioned fatal error was disabled with no change in results, except the fatal error notice was gone.

I have even tested the site on PHP 5.6, 7.0.22 and 7.1 to eliminate any version conflicts and all versions returned the same 500 errors.

You stated earlier:

It's odd the URL is so long. What are you trying to protect? That looks like By URL Part protection doing a partial match to a URL. By URL Part protection passes the entire URL base64 encoded back to CBSubs so it can decode and further perform checks as well as redirect back as needed and is what &accessurl is. Believe it doesn't need to do this for menu protections.

What I don't understand is why this URL is so long and what might be generating it? Simply converting a URL to base64 wouldn't generate an excessively long string like this, would it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
6 years 10 months ago #300557 by edjec
Any further suggestions to diagnose this issue?

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300575 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 500 error with expired membership

What I don't understand is why this URL is so long and what might be generating it? Simply converting a URL to base64 wouldn't generate an excessively long string like this, would it?

It's possible depending on the original URL being accessed. base64 will generate 4 characters for every character it's encoding basically. So to reach 7600 characters you'd need a URL that's already a length of 1900, which seams extremely long.

It's doing this for ALL menu items protected by CBSubs? I don't have an explanation for what's going on. Seams like something is going wonky in the routing. If this isn't a live site you can PM backend super administrator login credentials and can add debug code to try and dump the URLs to see what's going on. If it is a live site you'd need to create a clone of the site as the debug code will basically make it non-functional for an enduser.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
6 years 9 months ago #300591 by edjec

If this isn't a live site you can PM backend super administrator login credentials and can add debug code to try and dump the URLs to see what's going on.

It is a live site, but the same thing is also happening on both of my dev servers.

However, I don't understand what you mean by PM login credentials and other than Joomla debug settings, what debug code?

Thank you for your assistance.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300593 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 500 error with expired membership

However, I don't understand what you mean by PM login credentials and other than Joomla debug settings, what debug code?

You'd need to send a private message (see link in my signature) with backend super administrator login credentials. I'd then add debug code to CBSubs, install it, and try to see what's going on, but this should not be done on a live install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• edjec
  • edjec
  • Add-ons
6 years 9 months ago #300600 by edjec
Sorry, misunderstood; I thought you wanted me to add the debug code.

PM'd

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon