Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Problem with CB Gallery not showing on CB activity

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 9 months ago #300584 by timstohr
Hi Kyle, I can tell you that it is NOT a caching problem NOR a problem with the overrides... I have turned off all the caching on our testsite (to which you do not have access) and turned to default template. The error is still there: testmunich.international-friends.net/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=event&id=968&catid=43&Itemid=2348

Also on the saigon site that I gave you access to (see PM), all caching has been turned off apart from cloudflare and it still does not work.

Would be great to get some help!

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #300589 by krileon
Something seams to be breaking $ variable in CBs jQuery namespace. This means the $.fn.cbactivity function can't bind to the namespace and errors that it doesn't exist. As it works fine directly on profile it seams to be something being done by the EventBooking extension is my best guess. Even activity modules output on the EventBooking extension menu items error.

I've no idea what's causing this. CB Activity is loaded in the header fine. CBs jQuery is loaded. The window.jQuery and window.cbjQuery variables both exist. window.$ appears to be bound to Mootools though and maybe could be the cause.

Reviewing your page headers I don't have a clue what's going on with the loading as something isn't right with them. For some reason the jQuery is being pushed to the header in chunks and it's not output like that by CB. The below is how CBs jQuery is supposed to be output.

1. Cache window.$ and window.jQuery
2. Output CBs main jQuery file
3. Bind cbjQuery to a noConflict instance of jQuery
4. Bind window.$ and window.jQuery to cbjQuery
5. Output all CBs called jQuery files
6. Output all CBs raw jQuery
7. Revert window.$ and window.jQuery to cached values

This is all messed up on your site. It's doing the following.

1. Cache window.$ and window.jQuery
2. Output CBs main jQuery file
3. Bind cbjQuery to a noConflict instance of jQuery
4. Bind window.$ and window.jQuery to cbjQuery
5. Output SOME of CBs called jQuery files
6. Revert window.$ and window.jQuery to cached values
7. Output SOME OF CBs raw jQuery
8. Revert window.$ and window.jQuery to cached values

5-8 repeats a few times. So it keeps reverting and losing its binding to cbjQuery. This will absolutely cause issues. It does not do this on CBs profile page.

With the above said the only fix I can see is to turn off CBs jQuery entirely within CB > Configuration > Integrations and let it use Joomlas, which seams to work. Please give that a try and see if your issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: timstohr

• timstohr
  • timstohr
6 years 9 months ago #300789 by timstohr
Solved, was a Jquery error inside the template.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon