Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Group & Activity Stream not working Properly

• sgibbons
  • sgibbons
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #300502 by sgibbons
A comment was posted by member A in a group. The comment also showed on the activity stream (as expected)

A reply to the comment was posted by Member B in the group. This comment showed as a NEW entry on the activity stream (not expected)

On the activity stream, the reply to the comment should be connected to the original comment and the comment be bushed back to the top of the activity stream.

Please see screenshots for clarification

CB GroupJive version : 3.1.0

Joomla version: 3.8.1

CB Activity version : 4.0.0.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by sgibbons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300505 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group & Activity Stream not working Properly
Was able to confirm. Looks like an issue with that system action as it should be skipping replies. Will fix for new CB Auto Actions build planned to be released later today. Please keep in mind GJ Wall is entirely separate from CB Activity so replies will not show as comments (they don't exist in CB Activity to do that); will see about adding a new system action to log replies as comments though.

CB Activity version : 4.0.0.

Please update to CB Activity 4.1.0 and also ensure CB GroupJive (including its integrations) and CB Auto Actions are all up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sgibbons
  • sgibbons
6 years 10 months ago #300534 by sgibbons
Replied by sgibbons on topic Group & Activity Stream not working Properly
Hi Team,

Am not sure about exact problem, i have tested your website demo.cbdemosites.com/ . CB Activity & Groupjive working as I expected a result.

Can confirm the issue.( After updating plugins we are facing the problem.). If you need, I will provide the demo credentials to test or debug the application.

Thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300543 by krileon
This is fixed in latest CB Auto Actions build (released yesterday). It won't log activity for wall replies anymore instead there's a separate action to log comments to the wall post activity entry that you're replying to. Please be sure to completely update GJ, CB Activity, and CB Auto Actions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sgibbons
  • sgibbons
6 years 10 months ago #300558 by sgibbons
Replied by sgibbons on topic Group & Activity Stream not working Properly
Hi Team

After updating GJ, CB Activity, and CB Auto Actions plugins we are facing more problems.

The existing problem has not solved. Moreover, On CB Activities we are not able to see reply option for the post also Group post reply comment not visible on CB Activities.

If you want I will share my application credentials to solve my issue as much as possible.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300576 by krileon

The existing problem has not solved.

It's not going to delete your existing activity. It just isn't going to create new activity for GJ Wall replies. You need to enable the new "CB GroupJive Wall - Reply" system action, which will log comments for the original posts activity entry. Existing activity entries for wall replies you'll need to manually delete. Existing replies in GJ Wall will not instantly show on CB Activity either, but their comments will generate if you enable the new system action and re-save them.

Moreover, On CB Activities we are not able to see reply option for the post also Group post reply comment not visible on CB Activities.

You mean reply to a comment? That's not enabled by default and needs to be enabled within CB Activity > Activity > Comments > Replies. Your last screenshot is not CB Activity. That is GJ Wall and none of its behavior was changed in latest build (only its CB Activity integration code was changed).

Please understand you are dealing with 2 entirely different plugins here. CB Activity is not GJ Wall. They don't interact with one another at all beyond CB Auto Actions generating Activity and Comment entries when a post is made on a GJ Wall. They do not share features either. So there's no Links, Actions, etc.. capabilities on the GJ Wall.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon