Skip to Content Skip to Menu

default image for canvas

• cliffvt
  • cliffvt
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #300756 by cliffvt
default image for canvas was created by cliffvt
RE: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/227691-solved-default-image-for-canvas?start=6

Krileon

I'm STILL having the same default canvas issue with CB - it just displays a BLACK canvas. Even though the pictures and directory exists (see enclosed) but it picks up nothing form there....

Pulling my hair out with this one - any ideas?

The only way it works is for me to physically add the canvas to each user and that will take me a year to do!

Thanks - I'm on the latest CB 2.1.3 by the way Joomla 3.8.3
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cliffvt
  • cliffvt
6 years 9 months ago #300758 by cliffvt
Replied by cliffvt on topic default image for canvas
O golly - it seems that every time I upgrade CB the "nophoto...." files get overwritten... That's the issue.

Is there a way to specify the empty canvas image location that won't get it overwritten each time?

Thanks

Cliff

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300759 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic default image for canvas
New canvas images should be placed in the below location

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/canvas

You need to provide a fullsize and a thumbnail size canvas image. This is done by having your fullsize alphanumerically named and the thumbnail named the same except prefixed with "tn". Examples as follows

mycanvas.png = fullsize
tnmycanvas.png = thumbnail

This all assumes you're using the default CB profile template. If you've a 3rd party or custom CB template installed and selected in CB > Configuration > User Profile then be sure you're placing your custom canvas images in that templates folder. This is likely what your issue is since I notice 2 third part CB templates installed in your screenshot and you are likely using one of those.

Please avoid replying to topics older than 1 year. Usually older than 6 months is even too old. Create a new topic and link to the old topic if you feel it's relevant. This avoids saturating search results with very old topics that likely are no longer relevant or contain out of date information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300760 by krileon

O golly - it seems that every time I upgrade CB the "nophoto...." files get overwritten... That's the issue.

Do not modify the default images already there. They will replace on every update.

Is there a way to specify the empty canvas image location that won't get it overwritten each time?

Upload your own as instructed above then adjust "Empty Default" parameter within your canvas field under Parameters > Image Display to your own image. You can do the same for "Pending Default" as well if you want a separate image for pending approval state of the canvas field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cliffvt
  • cliffvt
6 years 9 months ago #300762 by cliffvt
Replied by cliffvt on topic default image for canvas

krileon wrote:

> Image Display to your own image. You can do the same for "Pending Default" as well if you want a separate image for pending approval state of the canvas field..

Thanks for all this, however as you can see, in the Canvas Field, Under Image Display and Empty - there is no possibility to enter a custom image...
There is only two options - "Normal CB Default" and "No Image"
So exactly where should I specify the custom image [please?

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300765 by krileon

So exactly where should I specify the custom image please?

The default path is listed above. If you're not using the default template then place your custom images in in the below path based off whatever template you're using.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/TEMPLATE_FOLDER_HERE/images/canvas

So if you're using Sirena 3rd party template the path is as follows based off your screenshots.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/jf_sirena_cb_20/images/canvas

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon