Skip to Content Skip to Menu

default image for canvas

• cliffvt
  • cliffvt
6 years 9 months ago #300773 by cliffvt
Replied by cliffvt on topic default image for canvas
Krileon, pardon me but am I being extremely stupid here? I am using the default template. So I have now made the two custom images and placed them on the correct folder.

How do I now tell CB to use those images? There is NOWHERE I can find to specify the path and name of the default image. As I said and showed you before, the canvas field does not allow me to specify it anywhere.

At this point CB is continuing to use the nophoto__n.png image as the default, surely I need somewhere to tell it where to use my custom image?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cliffvt
  • cliffvt
6 years 9 months ago #300779 by cliffvt
Any chance for a resolution here please? Much appreciated.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago #300795 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic default image for canvas
The paths you need to use are provided for you in my below replies. I'm not sure what more to suggest. We're using this exact usage for our custom canvas images here at Joomlapolis.

Default CB Template:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/238237-default-image-for-canvas?limitstart=0#300759

Custom CB Templates:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/238237-default-image-for-canvas?limitstart=0#300765

The filenames should be alphanumeric with no special characters and be png, gif, jpg, bmp, ico or svg extensions. The paths are based off your CB template, which is selected within CB > Configuration > User Profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cliffvt
  • cliffvt
6 years 9 months ago #300798 by cliffvt
This is becoming very frustrating. I know exactly what to do (don't forget I have been using CB for many many years).

As I said

1. The images mycanvas.png and tnmycanvas.png are in the correct folder.
2. In that same folder is many other images including CB distribution images
3. In CB configuration the "Default" template is being used
4. In the frontend, CB Profile defaults to the canvas "nophoto_n.png"

My question is how does CB magically know which of the many images to render as the "default" - where is the configuration variable for that, as it is NOT in the canvas field paramters.

Cliff
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #300801 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic default image for canvas
You seam to have a bunch of CB 1.x folders still present. Delete the following folders.

/components/com_comprofiler/images/english
/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/dark (there's probably more old CB 1.x templates like this there as well)

Maybe some odd conflict with old paths, but am not seeing any usage of those old paths in source so it's unlikely.

My question is how does CB magically know which of the many images to render as the "default" - where is the configuration variable for that, as it is NOT in the canvas field paramters.

The default is hardcoded for nophoto_n.png (empty) and pending_n.png (pending). It is overridden by that parameter. Note that path is only for the "canvas" field. All other image fieldtypes use the below path.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/default/images/avatar

I don't know what more to suggest. If still not working you'll need to PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as FTP credentials so I can take a look and see what's going on.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by krileon.

• cliffvt
  • cliffvt
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #300803 by cliffvt
OK thanks done all of that too.

before I PM over credentials:

The default is hardcoded for nophoto_n.png (empty) and pending_n.png (pending). It is overridden by that parameter. Note that path is only for the "canvas" field.

Which parameter are you referring to? That is what I am looking for - there is no parameter that I can find.... Under (pending) and (empty) on the canvas parameter - there is no option to specify and override.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by cliffvt.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon