Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Invalid mass-expiry link: link is in global CBSubs settings.

6 years 8 months ago #301673 by MarylandShallIssue
I'm getting this error message when I try to force a CRON mass expiry in settings. Where would I find the global CBSubs settings that fixes this and what is the format?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301706 by krileon
The link in CBSubs > Settings > Global is what you'll use for CRON. Typically you'd use it with a wget call. See the below for examples.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/237481-cron-job#297853

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301758 by MarylandShallIssue
Replied by MarylandShallIssue on topic Invalid mass-expiry link: link is in global CBSubs settings.
Thanks but neither wget or curl works per your examples copying the URL from the CBSubs>Settings>Global section. I get the following in my email from the cPanel initiated cron job.

"Invalid mass-expiry link: link is in global CBSubs settings."

Here's the two calls I configured:
wget -O - -q -t 1 " www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=massexpire&key= &format=raw"

curl -s " www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=massexpire&key= &format=raw"

Tried to take out the quotes and I get what appears to be a dump of the php code. This tells me it's trying to wget or curl as I would via command line.

UPDATE:
In the cPanel CRON page, there's some instructions on running PHP scripts as follows:

"PHP command examples:

General example:
/usr/local/bin/php /home/domain/public_html/path/to/cron/script

Domain-specific example:
/usr/local/bin/ea-php56 /home/domain/domain_path/path/to/cron/script
In the above example, replace “ea-php56” with the PHP version assigned to the domain you wish to use. Look in the MultiPHP Manager for the actual PHP version assigned to a domain."

I'm thinking this might work but need some help in parsing out the parameters for index.php for this script to run.

UPDATE 2:
I did SSH into the site and ran both wget and curl and it appears that something is happening. I also get a dump here if I leave off the quotes and get this at the end:

"[1] Done curl -s www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php?option=com_comprofiler
[2] Done task=pluginclass
[3] Done plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions
[4]- Done do=massexpire
[5]+ Done key=<some key value>"

This is telling me that index.php is running correctly and running the CB/CBSubs scripts under comprofiler. Then again I could be barking up the wrong tree but thought this might be helpful.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by MarylandShallIssue. Reason: Adding more information as I try different things.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301770 by krileon
You need to discuss this with your host. We do not provide server configuration assistance. I've provided examples of how to do a wget or curl call from cron in my above reply. If that's not working then you'll need to contact your host to find out why.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #301787 by MarylandShallIssue
Replied by MarylandShallIssue on topic Invalid mass-expiry link: link is in global CBSubs settings.
Thanks. Is there a log that shows if the script was called and any data associated with the action (eg. how many mass expiry were flagged and which subscriptions)?

This might help me to troubleshoot.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301804 by krileon
The expiration's should be logged within CBSubs > History Log. You can also view subscriptions directly in CBSubs > Subscriptions and check their expiration dates. A subscription also doesn't truly expire until the grace period has ended if one is configured.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon