Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Invalid mass-expiry link: link is in global CBSubs settings.

6 years 8 months ago #301894 by MarylandShallIssue
Replied by MarylandShallIssue on topic Invalid mass-expiry link: link is in global CBSubs settings.
OK. So if I were to look for a log entry to tell me which entries were expired by the mass expiry function we've been discussing what attributes would I search on (type, table, etc.)?

In the end, I need to make sure that mail is going out to our expired members to make sure they know they need to renew.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301899 by krileon
You can't look for entries expired specifically via mass expire link. Expiration's all happen the same way. Within CBSub > Settings you can filter "Subscription Status" to "Expired" and then use the "Expiration date" parameters I suppose to filter them to a certain timeframe around when you used the expiration link.

In the end, I need to make sure that mail is going out to our expired members to make sure they know they need to renew.

Create a test user, subscribe them from backend, then in CBSubs > Subscriptions click the number under the ID column and modify their expiration date to be within a few minutes, then run expiration and see if you get an email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 8 months ago #301908 by MarylandShallIssue
Replied by MarylandShallIssue on topic Invalid mass-expiry link: link is in global CBSubs settings.
I'm unable to find a way in CB Subs > Settings to filter anything. Do you mean in the CB Subs > History Logs? I see the date range but the others don't allow me to filter on what you suggest.

Here's what I'm seeing (see attached)

Also, wouldn't the Mailer logs be a great place to see what emails went out to members? If this isn't yet a feature, how do I add this to the feature request list?
Attachments:

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301920 by MarylandShallIssue
I was able to get the wget statement to work with your suggested command line. Thanks.

Second, I was able to find a way of sorts to see a log of what members were expired during the mass expiry.

You need to set the Event Type to "Change Log", the table to "User Subscriptions" and the type of change to "update". These will show up in the log as "User subscription deactivated with status Expired" with a user name of "System". At least that's what I'm correlating to my tests.

It would be nice as well to have a more granular way to do a filter on the log so that I just see those two conditions. In other words I could filter on Message and Username. I suppose I could go into mySQL and build my own query too but I'm looking for a way for a site admin to do it without a hassle.

I'd also like to see a log of what was mailed to members. Again, if there's a place to submit feature requests, I'll do that for both of these.

Thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by MarylandShallIssue.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301948 by krileon

I'm unable to find a way in CB Subs > Settings to filter anything. Do you mean in the CB Subs > History Logs? I see the date range but the others don't allow me to filter on what you suggest.

Sorry, meant CBSubs > Subscriptions.

I suppose I could go into mySQL and build my own query too but I'm looking for a way for a site admin to do it without a hassle.

There shouldn't be a reason to have to regularly access this information. If you just want a list of expired users during a timeframe you can see that within CBSubs > Subscriptions. The History Log is basically there to help debug why something may have went wrong.

I'd also like to see a log of what was mailed to members. Again, if there's a place to submit feature requests, I'll do that for both of these.

If you use CBSubs Mailer plugin instead of the emails configured under the Presentation tab of your plans you'll have a full log of when emails are sent, to whom, and their contents within CBSubs > Mailer > Sent Messages. The Presentation tab emails do not have a log (basically no emails in CB do except CBSubs Mailer).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon