Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Hide/Show Field using conditional

• fredc15
  • fredc15
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #305018 by fredc15
Hi,

I'd like to use a conditional on registration to Hide/Show a field based on the following criteria.

Field A is a dropdown (single select)

Field B is an integer data field.

I would like to have Field B defaulted to hidden. If a user selected 1-4 out of 5 possible options from Field A, then Field B will show.

I tried using a Field Hide with a "Is Regex" operator with the field values and Translate Values set to "No" nothing is happening.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago #305030 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hide/Show Field using conditional
The below condition applied to Field B should do that fine.

Display: Field conditional hide
Field: Field A
Operator: Is REGEX
Value: /VALUE_1|VALUE_2|VALUE_3|VALUE_4/
Translate Value: No

Replace VALUE_1, VALUE_2, etc.. with the actual select values from Field A.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fredc15
  • fredc15
6 years 4 months ago #305094 by fredc15
Replied by fredc15 on topic Hide/Show Field using conditional
Hi,

I tried that as you posted. The field is still showing. ie not working as required.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #305106 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hide/Show Field using conditional
Ensure you've replaced VALUE_1, VALUE_2, etc.. with the exact values you've supplied for your select field in CB > Field Management. If they are not simply strings or integers you need to escape them to be REGEX safe. Be sure CB Conditional it self is Public and Published in CB > Plugin Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by krileon.

• fredc15
  • fredc15
6 years 4 months ago #305134 by fredc15
check everything as you have stated... still not working

• fredc15
  • fredc15
6 years 4 months ago #305135 by fredc15
I have taken the exact values (copy paste) still not working

Moderators: beatnantkrileon