Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Auto action trigger

• VT MAK
  • VT MAK
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #305681 by VT MAK
[SOLVED] Auto action trigger was created by VT MAK
We have a script that updates user profiles with marketing data from a third party application. The intention is to provide transparency to users by including all the info we have on them in their profiles, whether they have provided it directly or not. The script runs and performs the update as expected, but trying to trigger it from an auto action has no visible effect.

I've tried the triggers AfterLogin, BeforeFrontendProfileUpdate, BeforeProfileRequest, and BeforeProfileEditDisplay.

Can you help me identify what might be missing?
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305682 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto action trigger
Trigger it how? Using a Request auto action or just using PHP directly? Does it need anything from the user (e.g. user id, username, etc..)? Does it need to store anything in CB or is it just supposed to supply the results of the request?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• VT MAK
  • VT MAK
6 years 3 months ago #305683 by VT MAK
Replied by VT MAK on topic Auto action trigger
CB Version 2.1.0, Auto Actions v. 6.2.2

• VT MAK
  • VT MAK
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #305684 by VT MAK
Using a request action. The setup is very similar to two other auto actions we have that collect info from the CB database and send to the marketing app (it just goes the opposite direction). Those two trigger on registration confirmation and on after update profile. Could it be conflicting with the update profile action?

It uses the user id and checks against the info in the db to update if blank or different.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by VT MAK.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 3 months ago #305705 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto action trigger
If you're needing to pull that information and display it to the user then you'll probably need to use a Code action and the necessary PHP to parse out its display. If the URL you're requesting already provides it well formatted then your Request action can be configured to output the results of its HTTP request, which you can display to the user by creating a Joomla menu item to your auto action after setting Triggers to None. You will not be able to display that information to the user using a trigger.

You could also use a CB Code Field and the necessary PHP to request that information and format it for display to display it as a field on their profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• VT MAK
  • VT MAK
6 years 3 months ago #305728 by VT MAK
Thanks for your reply. The information relates to fields that are already in the profile, and what the script is supposed to do is update those fields in the database so they display when a user opens the "Edit profile" view. Is there anything in CB or AA that impedes writing to the DB?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon