Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Search bot does not respect Privacy

• aalisg
  • aalisg
6 years 1 month ago #307193 by aalisg
Hello,

We noticed that when a user searches through the Joomla! search component with CB Search Bot Joomla! plug-in activated he can gets results of another user that are set to "Private" using the CB Privacy plug-in.

Fort example if a user set his country to Botswana he can be found with the keyword Botswana even if he set this information as Private.

Can you help us to solve this problem?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 1 month ago #307194 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Search bot does not respect Privacy
There's no triggers for CB Privacy to act on CB Search Bot searches. Triggers for CB Search Bot are already planned for a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6004

For now be sure the result text uses [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] substitutions as they will respect privacy controls preventing the content from displaying.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• aalisg
  • aalisg
6 years 1 month ago #307196 by aalisg
Replied by aalisg on topic CB Search bot does not respect Privacy
Hello and thank you for your answer,

We just do not understand one word of what you are saying.

Regards

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 1 month ago #307198 by krileon
I've implemented triggers in latest CB Search Bot release (2.1.0) that should be available now or shortly. You'll need to update both CB Search Bot and CB Privacy for it to remove search results when blocked by privacy settings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• aalisg
  • aalisg
6 years 1 month ago #307210 by aalisg
Replied by aalisg on topic CB Search bot does not respect Privacy
Hello and thank you for your answer,

We updated both CB Search Bot Joomla! plug-in and CB Privacy Community Builder plug-in and the problem still remains.

Regards

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #307212 by krileon
Be sure to be testing with a regular registered user or as a guest. CB Moderators are exempt from privacy controls and will still be able to see a users fields so it will appear as if it's not working. I've tested and confirmed this is working perfectly fine as guest and regular registered user when attempting to search a field that has been set to private.

If using Profile Privacy then be sure the field has been configured properly to protect other fields otherwise it only blocks access to the profile and nothing more.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon