Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Search bot does not respect Privacy

• aalisg
  • aalisg
6 years 1 month ago #307254 by aalisg
Replied by aalisg on topic CB Search bot does not respect Privacy
Hello and thank you for your reply,

We did exactly what you said ( Profile Privacy ) and it still does not work.

We made a test. We set the cb_country field value to Botswana for a user and he still can be found with this search value (Botswana) ( search result ) and it is visible on its profile page (profile page) .

The test was made with a regular registered user with no super-admin privileges.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 1 month ago #307256 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Search bot does not respect Privacy
Works perfectly fine in my tests. Ensure everything installed is up to date. Ensure the Profile Privacy field within CB > Field Management is configured to protect your field in the "Include Fields" parameter.

If the field is visible on the users profile then CB Privacy isn't published in CB > Plugin Management, you've the Profile Privacy field incorrectly configured, or every user incorrectly has moderator permissions due to Moderator View Access Level within CB > Configuration > Moderation. You shouldn't even be able to access that users profile if it's protected by profile privacy and as a viewing user don't meet the privacy setting unless you set "Direct Access" to "Enable".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon