Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Forms not accepting local languate inputs

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #310787 by dhananjay_vp
Hello,

Feld form not accepting inputs in local language basically its changes to (????) after saving.

please find enclosed herewith before and after screen shots.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #310796 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forms not accepting local languate inputs
Ensure your database is properly configured with UTF8 collations. If it's not then UTF8 characters won't save. Your alternative is to use an English language key (e.g. MY_FIELD) then use language overrides shown below to translate it.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #310808 by dhananjay_vp
Replied by dhananjay_vp on topic Forms not accepting local languate inputs
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for quick response. are you talking about utf8_general_ci to change at database and for underneath tables and columns?

Regards,
Dhananjay

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #310814 by dhananjay_vp

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Hi Kyle, I like your second solution too and configured few field labels as per your link but somehow its not working.
Please find attached document.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by dhananjay_vp.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #310829 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forms not accepting local languate inputs

Thanks for quick response. are you talking about utf8_general_ci to change at database and for underneath tables and columns?

It's recommended to use utf8mb4_unicode_ci collation. Yes, all tables and their columns should be set to this.

Hi Kyle, I like your second solution too and configured few field labels as per your link but somehow its not working.

You need to add the language overrides to the loaded language plugin. You added them to Default which is English, but you also have a language plugin for hi-IN installed and if that's loaded your default language overrides won't be applied.

Use the language finder below the language overrides to find core language strings to override. For custom fields it's recommended to use a language key (e.g. FIELD_ADDITIONAL_INFO) and override the key.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by krileon.

5 years 7 months ago #310898 by dhananjay_vp
Two more questions on this.
1. I have installed hi-IN (order 2) plugin and translation is available there too, then why its picking translation from en-GB (order 3).
2. Why my custom defined fields (defined using field management) are not available in language key for translation?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon