Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Forms not accepting local languate inputs

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago #310917 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forms not accepting local languate inputs

1. I have installed hi-IN (order 2) plugin and translation is available there too, then why its picking translation from en-GB (order 3).

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this. You should not have an en-GB language plugin installed. The Default language plugin is already English. You should have Default (English) and hi-IN. If hi-IN is incomplete, which it is according to transifex below, it will show English for language strings that have not been translated.

www.transifex.com/joomlapolis/cb/

2. Why my custom defined fields (defined using field management) are not available in language key for translation?

They are, just add your language key to the overrides usage. The language finder isn't going to find it because the language finder is just searching the language files for available keys (this is no different than Joomlas).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #311096 by dhananjay_vp
Replied by dhananjay_vp on topic Forms not accepting local languate inputs
Hi Kyle,

I have field called 'Season' (cb_season) defined as part of cb_field . If I am trying to search this field in overrides with key FIELD_SEASON its now showing.

I am searching in Joomla language overrides as well as in language plugin of community builder its not available at both places.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 7 months ago #311112 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Forms not accepting local languate inputs

I have field called 'Season' (cb_season) defined as part of cb_field . If I am trying to search this field in overrides with key FIELD_SEASON its now showing.

I assume by "now" you meant "not"? I don't understand why you're trying to search for a language key you already know. Field titles you create like that will not be found by the language finder; CB has no clue that's a language string. Simply specify your override as follows.

Key: FIELD_SEASON
String: Season

I am searching in Joomla language overrides as well as in language plugin of community builder its not available at both places.

Joomla overrides do not work with CB language strings. You need to use CBs as shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago #311121 by dhananjay_vp
Replied by dhananjay_vp on topic Forms not accepting local languate inputs
Thank you, Please mark it as resolved.

appreciate your patience.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon