Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#7573] Cannot upload images to profiles, no "choose file" button and instructions seen

• ASAAavart
  • ASAAavart
5 years 4 months ago #312606 by ASAAavart
Kyle,

I have disabled any possible third party extensions, including K2 and tested the image installation dropdown menu without each. Nothing has changed. The dropdown menu still malfunctions.
I have also tried using the default Prostar template and cleared cache as you recommended to another member who had the same no-show of the "choose file" function.

I do not use many plugins because I prefer to keep potential problems limited and the site relatively simple.

Could the CB code for the dropdown menu and action to show "choose file" function be corrupted?

How can this code be rewritten in my site to correct the faulty dropdown function? Can added CSS fix this?

At this point, I as administrator, nor our members, have any way to use Community Builder to add new profile images, and we are an art organization.

Really hoping for a solution, thanks,
Kristin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 4 months ago #312618 by krileon
The only way CB is changing the dropdown is if you've told CB to do so via CB Auto Actions. If CB Auto Actions is installed try unpublishing it to see if issue goes away. If it does then review your auto actions as you've configured one to deliberately convert select elements. Beyond that it is something you've installed or setup elsewhere converting the select elements. If you still can't find the cause after checking again please PM backend super administrator login credentials and can take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• ASAAavart
  • ASAAavart
5 years 4 months ago #312623 by ASAAavart
Kyle,

I do not have CB Auto Actions installed. How do I PM you?

Thanks,
ASAA

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 4 months ago #312628 by krileon
You can directly PM me by clicking the "send me a private message" link in my forum signature below each of my posts or from the link under Messages when viewing my profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 4 months ago #312636 by krileon
Your issue is caused by CB Privacy throwing a fatal JS error. You've reduced the available privacy rules to the point of there being none available to the user. That usecase wasn't considered as it always expects at least 1 privacy rule to be available (e.g. enabling Public or Private resolves the issue). Have added a bug ticket to fix as in this case it should just suppress the display of the privacy selector.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7573

For now I suggest keeping Public as an available privacy rule in CB Privacy > Privacy > Rules.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• ASAAavart
  • ASAAavart
5 years 4 months ago #312637 by ASAAavart
Kyle,

That you for looking at this and identifying the problem. I will address your suggestion.

When will the bug fix be available, and can I add it before the next CB general update?

Kristin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon