Skip to Content Skip to Menu

cb username ajax validation

• saman2
  • saman2
5 years 4 months ago #312910 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic cb username ajax validation
i simply want to understand how CB get username field value? is it use username element's id attribute or use element's class or what? if i understand how cb get username value to check via ajax, i can replicate that code in my Registration Value Layout.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 4 months ago #312911 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb username ajax validation
The ajax validation is entirely done through the remote rule in jQuery Validation. It binds to the form and the individual element. More than likely the validation rule is working, but it doesn't know where to output its response. You can check that by monitoring the Network tab of your browsers developer tools after pressing F12. You should see the HTTP request there.

I've no idea what your layout is so there's nothing I can suggest. You should not be replacing the entire HTML of a field. Use [value] to output the HTML CB expects then add additional HTML around it as needed. If you need to see the HTML CB outputs then remove your layout and inspect the page with your browsers developer tools by right clicking and clicking inspect element on the username field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon