Skip to Content Skip to Menu

GJ - CB Activity notification

5 years 4 weeks ago #314453 by victoriakim
GJ - CB Activity notification was created by victoriakim
Hi,

I read a post from one of CB forum thread saying, CB will eventually be able to send daily or weekly digest emails from CB Activities. Will this be coming soon?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 4 weeks ago #314456 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ - CB Activity notification
Soon? No, but notification digests are planned yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 weeks ago #314466 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GJ - CB Activity notification
I need some help in setting the email notification from GroupJive - CB activity.

So here is what I did and it didn't work and I knew it.
1. made a copy of auto action 'CB Activity - Post Notification'
2. changed the Type to Email
3. filled the 'to' field (under Action) with [var2_user_id]

Both original CB Activity - Post Notification and this email notification are published.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 3 weeks ago #314474 by krileon

1. made a copy of auto action 'CB Activity - Post Notification'

That notification does not work for GJ activity posts. It's specifically designed for profile activity notifications only as noted in its description.

To have CB Activity post notifications on a per group basis ensure CB GroupJive and CB Auto Actions are both completely up to date. Next publish "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification Edit" and "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification" system actions. Users should then be able to toggle on these notifications within the group on that groups Notifications page as they can with other GJ notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 weeks ago #314485 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GJ - CB Activity notification
Thank you, it's great to have 'per group' control. Can this auto action be used for email notifications as well?

I guess the notification, 'creat of new activity', controls the GJ activity stream notification. But when I publish the auto action "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification Edit", two of 'creat of new activity' get listed, and when I unpublish it, then only one shows. Please see attached screenshot.

Also, is there a way that I make this notification checked (✓) by default? Currently, it is unchecked (X) by default.

Thank you.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 3 weeks ago #314494 by krileon

Thank you, it's great to have 'per group' control. Can this auto action be used for email notifications as well?

I suppose you could make a copy of "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification" and make it an email action.

I guess the notification, 'creat of new activity', controls the GJ activity stream notification. But when I publish the auto action "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification Edit", two of 'creat of new activity' get listed, and when I unpublish it, then only one shows. Please see attached screenshot.

Sounds like you made a copy of "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification Edit" instead of just publishing it. Use the publish menu item or toggling of the checkbox in CB Auto Actions > System Actions. If you edit the system action, change it to published, then save it will make a copy as you can't edit system actions so the edit view always makes a copy. You can delete the copy in CB Auto Actions > Auto Actions.

Also, is there a way that I make this notification checked (✓) by default? Currently, it is unchecked (X) by default.

Make a copy of "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification Edit" and edit its code to be default 1 instead of 0, but there's no code for establishing this default when a user joins the group so it won't be considered checked unless they save notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon