Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Updating Members from Frontend

• nphic
  • nphic
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #314950 by nphic
Folks,

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I was hoping someone can direct me to the answer since I cannot find it.

We are using CB 2.4.2, Joomla 3.9.12, PHP 7.3.10, and MySQL 5.7.28. Over the years, our staff has been accessing the backend of Joomla to update member information in Community Builder. This method has become an issue for us. I have a "staff menu" setup in the frontend of our website using the "Special" access permission.

What I'd like to do is to remove backend access of the website from our staff. I'd like them to be able to do all membership profile updates from the frontend. Can you direct me to a resource that details how to do this configuration?

Thanks,
Joe
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 11 months ago #314953 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Updating Members from Frontend
Enable frontend moderator profile editing with CB > Configuration > Moderation and they should be able to edit users profiles from frontend. They'll need to navigate to a users profile and use the edit user profile menu item on the CB Menu bar above their profile. Frontend moderator edit is not the same as backend though. You will not be able to manage their CBSubs subscriptions from there for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nphic
  • nphic
4 years 11 months ago #314958 by nphic
Replied by nphic on topic Updating Members from Frontend
Kyle,

Thanks! Worked perfectly! The reason I am moving the to the frontend is because they keep messing up the CBSubs subscription database! I'm the only one that should be able to update subscriptions. This is exactly what I need it to do. Thanks for the prompt reply!

Regards,
Joe Rebele
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

2 years 7 months ago #328683 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic Updating Members from Frontend
Hi, I have followed all the steps in this video
However, a moderator still cannot edit profile from frontend, and can only view. What am I missing pls?
Are there other settings I should check?

• nphic
  • nphic
2 years 7 months ago #328687 by nphic
Replied by nphic on topic Updating Members from Frontend
Thanks! I'm OK with the resolution!

BTW. Your website is extremely slow.

Thanks,
Joe

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328695 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Updating Members from Frontend

However, a moderator still cannot edit profile from frontend, and can only view. What am I missing pls?
Are there other settings I should check?

All that's necessary is the following.

CB > Configuration > Moderation
Moderators View Access Level: SELECT_ACL_HERE
Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles: Moderators and Super Administrators Only

For SELECT_ACL_HERE be sure to select a view access level that's strictly configured to only allow the usergroups that you want to have moderator permissions. Typically it's best to make a new view access level specifically for this otherwise it should be defaulted to Special or Super Users.

Then all you need to do is be sure your user has the usergroup within your moderator view access level and you'll have permissions to edit users on frontend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nphic

Moderators: beatnantkrileon