Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Updating Members from Frontend

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #328700 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic Updating Members from Frontend
Thanks. I realised that the reason it didn't work even though I had already followed the steps in the Configuration video (basically what you said) is that the User Profile Access under Configuration-User Profile was set to Special instead of Registered.Now I am experiencing another puzzling issue.Upon user registration, the field values are not being populated to the welcome email sent upon user registration, even though it has been entered upon user registration and appears in the email sent to admin. We have implemented a display message upon user registration and likewise the field values are not displaying there:

There is also no issue with the display of the same fields in the approval email that user receives. The issue only arises with the welcome email and user registration display message.This has always worked before today.We have already tried recreating the welcome email but that did not work. Pls help as we have to launch the site soon and this is a major issue delaying it. Thanks!
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Intellitech.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328711 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Updating Members from Frontend
The after registration message is not sent through substitutions so you can't use substitutions there. What email are you putting those substitutions in? They should work fine in the registration emails in CB > Configuration > Registration.

This has always worked before today.

Then revert whatever change you made. As whatever you changed appears to have broken it. Substitutions failing suggests no user object is present. Try changing your registration emails back to the following defaults and see if they work.

CB > Configuration > Registration
Pending Email Body: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_PENDING_APPROVAL_MESSAGE
Welcome Email Body: YOUR_REGISTRATION_IS_APPROVED_MESSAGE

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon