Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Planning for site revisions

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 9 months ago #316134 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Planning for site revisions
You don't need to use Joomlas privacy plugin or policy. CBs terms and conditions field with verify consent enabled in CBs system plugin will allow CB to handle the privacy policy behavior. CB Privacy also provides functionality for users to delete their accounts or export their data, which should already be configured for you via CB Quickstart.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dbeezley
  • dbeezley
4 years 7 months ago #316839 by dbeezley
Replied by dbeezley on topic Planning for site revisions
I'm going to keep using this thread for continuity. I hope that's OK. I know you deal with many questions from many people and keeping track of the flow of my questions might be a lot to ask.

The more I look at what I have, it seems like it might be easier to start over. My big thing is registration and membership. I have more than 100 members and no more than half are responsive. I would redo the registration questions but to wade through the fields I have now is confusing. I don't want to lose what I have now and I don't want to lose contact with the responsive members.

Is there a reasonable strategy to do this? Or would I be better off transitioning what I have?

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 7 months ago #316849 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Planning for site revisions
Why specifically do you think you need to completely start over? It should be perfectly fine to unpublish fields, move fields, adjust tabs, etc.. without negatively impacting your users. If you want to see how Quickstart would look on your site you can make a clone of your site then install Quickstart to give it a try if you think it'll provide everything you're needing. Beyond that if you want to start over you'll have to worry about moving your users data over, which isn't extremely difficult but requires SQL experience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dbeezley
  • dbeezley
4 years 7 months ago #316856 by dbeezley
Replied by dbeezley on topic Planning for site revisions
OK, that makes sense. The learning/relearning process is hard. I know some things but there are holes in what I know. I am reviewing some of the video tutorials.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon