Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Upgrade from CB 2.1 to CB 2.4 layout problems

4 years 5 months ago #318154 by pjfroelofs
LS

I upgraded CB from version 2.1.3 to 2.4.4
Which resulted in some layout problems in the frontend.

I'm using the latest joomla version, and the JF Sirena theme (which works perfectly with CB).
When I change the template to default joomla template, the same issues remain.

There are 2 main problems:
- overview of the members changes from horizontal to vertical
- The biggest issue is the member profile view.
The canvas had disappeared, different fonts, layout of navigation is totally off

See attachments,
Please advise,
Patrick Roelofs

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #318161 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrade from CB 2.1 to CB 2.4 layout problems
Your first issue regarding your userlist is due to a bug being fixed. The "Column Size" parameter of your first column for a grid userlist layout determines the size of the grid. That originally wasn't working and now is. Edit your userlist then under Columns edit the "Column Size" for your first column to 3 or 4 to fix your issue.

Your profile view I don't quite understand. Seams like you are applying some custom CSS maybe that is conflicting? Try running the Canvas Layout tool in CB > Tools to force the profile to reconfigure for proper canvas layout usage then readjust your tabs where necessary. Please also be sure the profile template within CB > Configuration > User Profile is set to "Default".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by krileon.

4 years 5 months ago #318182 by pjfroelofs
Replied by pjfroelofs on topic Upgrade from CB 2.1 to CB 2.4 layout problems
Dear Krileon,

-1- Changing profile template within CB > Configuration > User Profile to "Default", did some improvements.
I liked the previous template better, but we dan live with this.

See attachment

-2- Then the problem with the canvas:
The default shows half a canvas.

Apart from the half canvas problem, we like the template design much better.
Does this mean we can not use the tempate's design any longer?

Please advise,
Regards,
Patrick
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago #318184 by krileon

-1- Changing profile template within CB > Configuration > User Profile to "Default", did some improvements.
I liked the previous template better, but we dan live with this.

You can add custom css classes to your columns. If you want for example everything center aligned add "text-center" to your columns CSS Class parameter. If you don't want a border you'll have to use CSS overrides to remove it. The below should work fine for this.

Code:
.cbUserListLayoutGrid .cbCanvasLayout { border: 0; }

See the below on how to use CSS overrides.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

-2- Then the problem with the canvas:
The default shows half a canvas.

Your canvas isn't displaying properly as it seams like you've fields where they don't belong. You've some sort of field in the canvas background position that doesn't belong there. Looks like a name field of some kind. The canvas photo is also in the wrong position. Recommend running the Canvas Layout tool in CB > Tools to see if it can fix this for you otherwise you need to move some of your tabs around to better positions.

Does this mean we can not use the tempate's design any longer?

If whoever made your template updates it for latest CB template design then yes otherwise no as it's not compatible with latest CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 5 months ago #318188 by pjfroelofs
Replied by pjfroelofs on topic Upgrade from CB 2.1 to CB 2.4 layout problems
Thank you for your answers.

I would like to focus on the layoutproblems of the background canvas.

When I use the inspecter in firefox, and drag the div in the inspector to a div above: then the problem seems to be solved.
My question is how is it possible that
- this seems to solve the problem, somehow there seems to be some kind of field in the background (with the name of the user). I would suspect that upgrading CB would result in the latest clean html code...
That field has anoyed me for the last 2 years, but I never wandered why it was there, and how I could eliminate it.

Can I somehowe implement my solution?
Please advise,
Patrick
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
4 years 5 months ago #318190 by krileon
That field should not be there. You would've had to of put it there. Looks like you put the formatname field on the canvas tab for whatever reason or the formatname fields tab is in the canvas background position. Your avatar isn't in the right place either. Did you run the Canvas Layout tool in CB > Tools and it didn't fix this for you? Please run the tool so it can reconfigure the canvas. You can then reposition your other tabs after it has fixed the canvas layout. If it didn't fix it for you please PM backend super administrator login credentials so I can see what your tab setup is.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon