Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] [#8890] Required field update problem

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #328724 by mynuveinfo
I add a custom required date field. It is in the group. When registering there is no problem. But after registration if you want to multiply the group field it gives error. Saying the date field is not filled. When i remove the required option new data is added to the database .But all values are under one box not in related fields.

I have realized that the mysql version is 10.3.34-MariaDB can it be the cause of the problem as the on the field group details

I got this message

Unsupported database for Field Group searching and optimal storage. Please update to MySQL 5.7.8+ and ensure Community Builder is up to date.

And my hosting can not change the mysql version.

Please help me sort it out.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328729 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Required field update problem
The unsupported database check is primarily for field searching optimization. The field will work fine on your database, but I don't recommend enabling searching for that field group as it will be a slow query.

Regarding your issue. I'm not sure I'm understanding the problem. So when you add a new row to the field group the date field in the new row errors that it's required despite a value being selected?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #328737 by mynuveinfo
Replied by mynuveinfo on topic Required field update problem
On the registration from i have added 4 custom fields and made a group.

During the registration there is no problem i can add multiple data.

But when i'm adding one more data after registration to the profile.

It is not saving it as it says that the required field is not filled.

Also when adding the data it brings the picture field of the previous one and when you want to change it, it changes the picture of the previous one.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328752 by krileon
Please describe exactly what field types are in your field group where this is failing and include which are required or not. This will allow me to replicate your setup and see if something could be going wrong. Please be sure CB Field Groups is also completely up to date along with any other CB plugins installed to ensure this isn't an already fixed issue. Please also provide PHP version and if on J3 or J4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #328802 by mynuveinfo
Replied by mynuveinfo on topic Required field update problem
on the group there are 5 fields

- drop down *
- text field *
- Date field *
- text field *
- Media Field

on the registration all those fields work fine.

after registration on the backend admin side we can add one more data with this group it is ok.

Just when the user login and wants to update their data and wants to add one more product.

Media field is copying the previous picture and if you want to change it the previous group picture field is activated.

After all fields are filled and when press update.

It gives an error on date field saying it is not filled and it does not add the new data.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 7 months ago #328809 by krileon
Seams to be working perfectly fine for me. Are you applying any conditions to those fields using CB Conditional? It's possible a condition is failing and resetting the fields value.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon