Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Syntax Error on GJ install

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 5 months ago #329255 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Syntax Error on GJ install
Ok, that's good that means the plugin install is fine and could be a problem in the package installer itself. When the install initially failed how were you installing it? Downloading manually and installing through Joomla extension manager, manually through CB plugin management, or through CBs install from web?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
2 years 5 months ago #329256 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Syntax Error on GJ install
I installed manually through CB Plugin installer... then I tried Joomla Ext installer.
I've used the Install Through Web successfully in the past on other sites... should have used it this time.

BTW I just tried to install CB Activity and got the same set of errors. Am I right that Activity will also install GJ?
The issue I'm having with Activity may be due to the Activity Plugin not installing properly?

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #329261 by krileon

BTW I just tried to install CB Activity and got the same set of errors. Am I right that Activity will also install GJ?

How were you installing it? Manually from Joomla? Manually from CB? or CBs install from web?

The issue I'm having with Activity may be due to the Activity Plugin not installing properly?

That's possible, yes. You could have a migration error happening. Does extracting the zip file and installing CB Activity manually from /extensions/cb_plugins work? If not does it provide any further details about what error is occurring? If still not working and no errors please PM backend super user login credentials and will try a debug build to see what error is causing it to fail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by krileon.

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
2 years 5 months ago #329265 by AlanJones
I installed manually from an unzipped file.
That fixed it! And it fixed the feed issue I mentioned before.

My installs before were all uploads from CB Plugin install.

Thanks... all looks good now.
Do you still want the super user login just to check?

Own Your Own Community!

• krileon
  • krileon
2 years 5 months ago #329266 by krileon

Do you still want the super user login just to check?

Only if this issue pops up again so I can see what's causing it, but if everything is working fine now then it may of just been an old cached package installer causing some problems. I've purged cache on our end so package installers will rebuild.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• AlanJones
  • AlanJones
2 years 5 months ago #329270 by AlanJones
I just tried to update from web install since the refresh... same issue. I'll PM a login.
Thank you for your help!

Own Your Own Community!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon