Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs and Quickpay - two users have paid for two years subscription ??

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 10 months ago #332038 by krileon
I'm also seeing a timing issue with IPNs from QuickPay itself. In my tests I have a pending and processed IPN sent by QuickPay with the exact same timestamps in the IPN data. That's a problem that will also need to be dealt with. Seams they're sending multiple HTTP requests at once instead of properly staging them. Even the "operations" data for the IPN has the exact same timestamp for pending and processed operations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 10 months ago #332040 by krileon
Ok, have implemented delayed processing of PDT (by 3 seconds) and delayed processing of pending IPNs (by 2 seconds). This gives priority to IPNs followed by priority to processed IPNs. Have made 40 different test payments and confirmed fixing of the overlapping issues. QuickPay really needs to take timings more seriously though. Sending a pending and processed IPN with literally the exact same timestamps is not a good idea.

I've patched your install and have created a bug ticket to include the fix in next CBSubs release, but for now your install has been fixed.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9093

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• rbuelund
  • rbuelund
1 year 10 months ago #332041 by rbuelund
Thank you very much. I have forwarded your last two messages to the Quickpay helpdesk and asked them to take a look at the problem.

• rbuelund
  • rbuelund
1 year 10 months ago #332054 by rbuelund
Here are two responses from Quickpay support:

"Callbacks can come pretty close to each other, but you should always check the payment status through the API."

"The Callbacks were send 2022-12-19 13:30:34.582 and 2022-12-19 13:30:34.659 so not at the same time, but close."

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 10 months ago #332055 by krileon

"Callbacks can come pretty close to each other, but you should always check the payment status through the API."

Then there's no point in having notifications with verified signatures. It's causing a server communication when not necessary.

"The Callbacks were send 2022-12-19 13:30:34.582 and 2022-12-19 13:30:34.659 so not at the same time, but close."

That's close enough to cause server response handling to happen at the same time. It makes no sense to be sending a pending and processed notification that close to one another and suggests they happened during the same payment process in which case it should've never sent the pending notification and only sent the processed notification.

At any rate the delayed handling should fix your issue. Please let me know if you see any further issues in this regard and we'll review other solutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• rbuelund
  • rbuelund
1 year 10 months ago #332059 by rbuelund
Here is the final answer from Quickpay support:

"HiIt's up to you, if you want to use callback, we don't send them, if you don't specify a callback.We are not going to change the callback system."

Moderators: beatnantkrileon