Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Add MFA in CB_Edit_Profile link goes to wrong ItemId

• dpbatch
  • dpbatch
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #334863 by dpbatch
Just upgraded to Joomla 4 and working through issues. I'm trying to allow end users to enable MFA. The MFA section does show in the profile, but when a "Add a new..." button is clicked it the user lands on the home page, if I enter the Joomla default profile (normally in-accessible to end users) and "Add a new..." I get the expected Add method page.

I have turned off SEF so the URLs are clearer, the URLs are functionally the same:
Joomla profile add link:
Code:
[website-domain]/index.php?option=com_users&task=method.add&method=totp&returnurl=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3ctajQuYXJ0cnMuZ292L2luZGV4LnBocD9vcHRpb249Y29tX3VzZXJzJnZpZXc9cHJvZmlsZSZsYXlvdXQ9ZWRpdCZJdGVtaWQ9MjAxNA==&user_id=00000&Itemid=2014

CB profile add link:
Code:
[website-domain]/index.php?option=com_users&task=method.add&method=totp&returnurl=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3ctajQuYXJ0cnMuZ292L2luZGV4LnBocD9vcHRpb249Y29tX2NvbXByb2ZpbGVyJnZpZXc9dXNlcmRldGFpbHMmSXRlbWlkPTEwMDY=&user_id=00000&Itemid=956

With itemid 2014 being the Joomla profile edit, itemid 956 is the default menu item aliased to the home page, and the embedded return link on the CB profile itemid 1006 being the CB profile edit.

Swapping in itemid 2014 to the CB profile edit link then the flow is correct and everything works.

Any help or hints on how to either adjust the link provided by CB in the profile or correct my configuration would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by dpbatch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334864 by krileon
Are you using the latest build release of CB? Joomla 4 version? The Itemid shouldn't matter, but will retest and see if there could be a problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334865 by krileon
Seams to be working fine in my tests. The Itemid is indeed the home menu item, but doesn't seam to matter (nor should it as URL parameters have priority). Please be sure you've the latest build release of CB installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dpbatch
  • dpbatch
1 year 2 months ago #334866 by dpbatch
We are on Joomla 4.3.3 and CB 2.8.0+build.2023.08.15.16.06.51.19ae01be1

I've examined the requests down to the the headers and the only functional difference between the URL generated from the Joomla profile editor and the Community Builder profile editor is the itemid parameter that is inserted into the URL, the 2014 (Users >> Edit User Profile) inserted by the Joomla profile editors works, the 956 (Default, /home) from the community builder profile editor does not.

This is an old website that has made migrations over the years from 1.5 to 3 to 4 now so there may be some artifact some where that is causing the link to be created abnormally.

Is there somewhere in Community Builder I can override how the editor generates those links/buttons in that are on the profile edit?

• dpbatch
  • dpbatch
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #334867 by dpbatch
Setting the Users>>Edit User Profile (itemid=2014) as the default menu item/default page causes the link/button generated from the CB Profile editor for adding MFA to work correctly.

However that causes my home/landing page to be "Edit User Profile", which is no good.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by dpbatch.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334868 by krileon
Strange, the Itemid shouldn't be relevant at all. I'm not sure what to suggest. It seams to work fine in my tests regardless of what the Itemid is with and without SEO URLs. Within System > Plugins do you have CBs system plugin configured to rewrite and redirect URLs? Make sure both are enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon