Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Add MFA in CB_Edit_Profile link goes to wrong ItemId

• dpbatch
  • dpbatch
1 year 2 months ago #334869 by dpbatch
I have confirmed that the system plugin is installed and rewrite/redirect URLs are both enabled. We are also using the default .htaccess file provided by Joomla on Apache and Mod_rewrite is installed and loaded as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334870 by krileon
Disable the URL redirect and rewriting and see if your issue persists. The URLs in the MFA output are not created by CB, but by Joomla as we're just calling their profile fields API to load them. It's possible the redirect/rewrite protections in CB could be causing this, but it's supposed to skip all MFA URLs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dpbatch
  • dpbatch
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #334872 by dpbatch
No change in turning Redirect and Rewrite off in the community builder system plugin, same pattern of behavior. I even went so far as to rip out the account menu and re-do all those bits, same pattern.

New information, if you put any other item id valid or not, it works. It is only if the item ID is the default home (956) in this case - so I think it may be some oddity in my Joomla menu assignments or something. Even thought I suspect its a Joomla configuration issue now, do you have any thoughts on what might cause that?
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by dpbatch.

• dpbatch
  • dpbatch
1 year 2 months ago #334873 by dpbatch
I have found the issue, it appears to have been working correctly all along.

Apparently when we built the home page a decade ago it entirely consists of modules that are loaded into template positions, that are then set with menu assignments to appear just on the home page. This pushes the widget for adding a MFA token below all of the content at the very bottom of the page. I was not scrolling down far enough to see it, since that was not the behavior I had experienced with other access methods and did not expect it there.

Thank you for your help in troubleshooting the issue, and even though not an issue with CB helped me find a path to discovering the underlying actual issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334875 by krileon
Glad you were able to resolve your issue. Thank you for letting us know your solution!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon