Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Add CB tabs / fields to CBGJ

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 1 month ago #334985 by uwe2023
Add CB tabs / fields to CBGJ was created by uwe2023
Hi,
is it possible to add CB tabs to CBGJ? Or CB fields?
Best regards
Uwe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 month ago #334986 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Add CB tabs / fields to CBGJ
It's not possible to add new tabs or fields to GJ without creating a plugin to do so or possibly using CB Auto Actions acting on GJ triggers. Eventually there will be a UI for managing tabs and fields for groups similar to profiles, but that won't be until much later into CB 3.x release where we'll be generalizing field API so they can be used anywhere.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 1 month ago #334988 by uwe2023
Replied by uwe2023 on topic Add CB tabs / fields to CBGJ
Hi Kyle,

ok.I will try it with the out-of-the-box-Jommla4-possibilities, and then we will see what the future of CB will bring.

Best regards Uwe
P.S.: what time do you have now?

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #334989 by krileon

ok.I will try it with the out-of-the-box-Jommla4-possibilities, and then we will see what the future of CB will bring.

Try what exactly? I can provide auto action examples to add more fields or tabs to CB GroupJive it's just a bit code heavy, but it's doable.

P.S.: what time do you have now

Not sure what you mean. For when CB 3.x will be ready? I'm just 1 person so probably awhile. CB 3.x development will start soon after CB Activity 6.0.0 is finished and released which currently it is 90% complete and should be releasing in beta sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by krileon.

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 1 month ago #334991 by uwe2023
Replied by uwe2023 on topic Add CB tabs / fields to CBGJ
Hi Kyle,

I´ll try out if I could get a simular result in a combination with modules, modulpositions and CBGJ. But if you could provide some auto action examples that would be fine. Then I´ll try if I could handle that.

Thank you, and best regards

Uwe

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #334993 by krileon
The below will let you output a new tab to CB GroupJive from CB Auto Actions and is how the CB Gallery and CB Activity System Actions work to add their tabs to GJ.

Global
Triggers: gj_onBeforeDisplayGroup
Type: Code
User: Self
Access: Everybody
Action
Method: HTML
Code:
Code:
TAB_HTML_HERE
Output
Display: Return
Layout:
Code:
return array( 'id' => 'TAB_ID_HERE', 'title' => \CBLib\Language\CBTxt::T( 'TAB_TITLE_HERE' ), 'content' => $content );
Method: PHP

This will output a new tab with a title of TAB_TITLE_HERE and HTML contents of TAB_HTML_HERE. You can set the action method to PHP and use PHP to output whatever you like as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon