Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Redirect on first login

• Vorak
  • Vorak
2 months 6 days ago #338872 by Vorak
Redirect on first login was created by Vorak
Hello,

I have recentely updated from Joomla 3.5 to Joomla 4. 

I notice now that the redirect on first login is not working - even though it is set up in the "registration" tab in CB's configuration. It simply reloads the current page after logging in with the CB login module.

Since I have a multilingual site, I decided to try with CB Auto Actions instead, but no luck there either. These are the settings, can you tell me what I overlooked?

GLOBAL
Trigger: onAfterLogin

CONDITIONS
field: lastvisitDate
User: Action User (I also tried with Viewing User)
Operator: Equal To
Value: 0000-00-00 00:00:00

ACTION
mode: Login
Method: Username
Username: [username]
Password: (left blank)
Force Login: No
Redirect:  www.mysite.com/submap/index.php/en/?option=com_content&view=article&id=115:select-membership&catid=17:nod-intro&Itemid=1226 (did not use my actual domain name here, but it is set up with the correct domain name in the settings)
Alerts: Yes

OUTPUT
Display: Redirect
URL: (again the exact same real URL as above)

USES
Total Uses: 0
Total Uses Timeframe: Forever
Per User Uses: Custom
Custom Uses: 0
Per User Timeframe: Forever

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 6 days ago #338876 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Redirect on first login
You don't need an auto action for this and the auto action you're using is for forcing someone to login. It's not for forcing a login redirect. If you were to use CB Auto Actions you'd use a Redirect action. In your case though you probably just need to fix the login redirect in your CB Login Module.

All URLs should be supplied as non-SEO and begin with index.php as well as include a valid Itemid for their respective menu item. Joomla got A LOT more strict with URL handling (a good thing!) so the legacy URL structures don't always go to where they should anymore. Try the below based off your current URL.

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115&catid=17&Itemid=1226

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
2 months 6 days ago #338880 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Redirect on first login
Hello,

I tried the URL as you said, but no difference. There is no redirect.

Not sure what I should do in the module for this?
I'm talking about the redirect for only the first time someone logs in after creating an account.

In the login module I have no redirect set. Only in the CB configuration "First Login Redirect".

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 6 days ago #338881 by krileon
Are you testing this on a new account? That only applies the first time someone logs in then never again. Did you set a first login redirect override in any of your plans within CB Paid Subscriptions as it's possible to override it there as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
2 months 6 days ago #338885 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Redirect on first login
Yes, I each time create a new test account to see what will happen. But when I log in with the test account for the first time, all it does is renew the page (which is normal behavior for the CB login module, but the redirect for the first time login doesn't happen).

I have never used CBSubs for setting up a login redirect override.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 6 days ago #338887 by krileon
What is your first login redirect set to within CB > Configuration > Registration?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon