Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Redirect on first login

• Vorak
  • Vorak
2 months 6 days ago #338890 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Redirect on first login
To the exact URL you suggested I try. When I manually suf to that URL in my browser, the correct page comes up. But it doesn't redirect to there automatically with a new user's first login.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 5 days ago #338898 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Redirect on first login
Strange, please PM backend super user login credentials (see link in signature) and will review your configuration for possible login redirect conflicts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
2 months 5 days ago #338903 by Vorak
Thanks for wanting to look at it, I just sent you a PM.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 5 days ago #338905 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. None of your login redirects appear to work (logout redirect appears to function fine however). This is due to something else acting on Joomla login. CB Auto Actions also isn't able to redirect on onAfterFirstLogin or onAfterLogin triggers due to the redirect happening during Joomla's login process so CBs login process never fully completes for CBs login redirect to ever apply. Review your installed System and User Joomla plugins as it's likely one of those that could be doing this.

As for your CB Login Modules not displaying on language specific login pages it's due to those modules missing their language assignment. It appears though you can't set the language assignment due to "Advanced Modules Manager" completely removing that parameter. I recommend getting rid of that extension or contacting the developer to inform them they need to stop breaking module language assignment and storage with their custom conditions usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
2 months 5 days ago #338907 by Vorak
Very strange, because with the update to Joomla 4 I ditched alot more extensions than I added. Is there an easier way to check if a redirect is working while disabling extensions one by one? By setting up a different kind of redirect that also wouldn't work now, but for which I wouldn't have to create a test account each time.

As for the CB Login module, I will contact the developer of Advanced Modules Manager to bring up this issue. Thanks!

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 5 days ago #338908 by krileon
The easiest test is to see if onAfterLogin is firing or not. I've created, and unpublished, a redirect auto action on the onAfterLogin trigger. It doesn't fire meaning the redirect is taking place during Joomla's login. I've no means of tracking down what is happening during Joomla login events. Normally you'd just unpublish User and System 3rd party extensions until the issue goes away to find the culprit.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon