Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Redirect on first login

• Vorak
  • Vorak
2 months 3 days ago #338916 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Redirect on first login
In regards to the CB Login Module error, the developer of Regular Labs answered that if CB hardcodes its modules to the languages, they agree I should not use Advanced Module Manager. As a workaround (as this particular issue really seems to be the only one I come across) they suggested to try and save the module manually with the regular Joomla URL, but that did not work (Joomla did not permit it). 

However, I have found another, easy workaround for this problem:

1. Disable the Advanced Module Manager plugins in Joomla's admin panel.

2. Go to the CB Login module. The language choice appears again. Set the desired language and save & close.

3. Enable the Advanced Module Manager plugins again.

Now the error is gone - and all works as it should. I can even still modify other things and save those CB Login plugins with Advanced Module Manager enabled, without this giving issues again. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
2 months 3 days ago #338917 by Vorak
As for the redirect problem, I found the culprit: "User Hooks", a plugin of Joomdle (bridge between Joomla and Moodle, which provides single sign on).

The "Login event to use" setting for this plugin is set to onUserAfterLogin. 

I can set it to onUserLogin instead, which works too for Moodle, but the redirect is still not working.

The third option is "none", but then the single sign on isn't working.

The strange thing is that this gave no issue in Joomla 3 before. The problem started in Joomla 4. I have contacted the Joomdle developer about this.

• krileon
  • krileon
2 months 3 days ago #338918 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Redirect on first login

In regards to the CB Login Module error, the developer of Regular Labs answered that if CB hardcodes its modules to the languages, they agree I should not use Advanced Module Manager.

Our login page queries for the first available login module and it takes into account the language column so it must be set there for CB to load the appropriate module. Basically we expect the language to be stored in _modules since that's normal Joomla behavior. Hopefully the developers of AMM can take this into account and not remove that parameter.

As for the redirect problem, I found the culprit: "User Hooks", a plugin of Joomdle (bridge between Joomla and Moodle, which provides single sign on).

Does unpublishing the plugin entirely allow login to redirect properly? If so then you'll need to contact the developers of that plugin for further support as sounds like they've a hardcoded redirect in place. Not really sure why it needs to redirect though to be honest. Generally SSO plugins like this should be Authentication plugins that pass authentication and don't need to redirect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Vorak
  • Vorak
2 months 10 hours ago #338932 by Vorak
Thanks again for all your help. It would indeed be a good idea for Regular Labs to consider this, but when I told them my solution as I told you, they didn't respond anymore - so I doubt it. 

As for the redirect problem. The solution was to enable SSO in the Joomdle configuration. I did not know it was turned off (it had been turned on before by default), I should have looked at that first. Thanks again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon