Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Multilingual blog using Joomla Articles

• Opendreas
  • Opendreas
3 weeks 16 hours ago - 3 weeks 16 hours ago #339255 by Opendreas
Multilingual blog using Joomla Articles was created by Opendreas
Hello,

Is it possible to create a multilingual blog using Joomla Articles?
Due to the fact that in the settings you can select only 1 Joomla category for a blog, all articles will fall into one category. I thought it would be possible to make subcategories with different languages that would only appear for their language, for example: 

Blogs
- Language 1
- Language 2
- Language 3

but articles are created with the language setting "All", it is not clear whether all articles will be displayed in the Blogs category or only articles from the current language category. But even if it works, it is not a beautiful solution in my opinion. 

Another issue I noticed is that the text field in the Cassiopeia template on mobile cannot be scaled and is too small.
Last edit: 3 weeks 16 hours ago by Opendreas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Opendreas
  • Opendreas
3 weeks 14 hours ago #339258 by Opendreas
Replied by Opendreas on topic Multilingual blog using Joomla Articles

I thought it would be possible to make subcategories with different languages that would only appear for their language, for example: 

Blogs
- Language 1
- Language 2
- Language 3

but articles are created with the language setting "All", it is not clear whether all articles will be displayed in the Blogs category or only articles from the current language category. But even if it works, it is not a beautiful solution in my opinion. 

I just tried it and this solution does not work, all articles with the language setting "All" are displayed in the Blog category regardless of the subcategory language setting.

• Opendreas
  • Opendreas
3 weeks 14 hours ago #339259 by Opendreas
I also noticed that posts created through Community Builder are not displayed in Joomla Backend.
The problem is similar to this
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=991089

• krileon
  • krileon
2 weeks 5 days ago #339268 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multilingual blog using Joomla Articles
With CB Blogs? No it is currently not. It will only accept "All" language categories and articles will be created with "All" language.

Another issue I noticed is that the text field in the Cassiopeia template on mobile cannot be scaled and is too small.

Can you provide a screenshot of your issue? TinyMCE should let you adjust it by dragging the corner unless you've non-HTML blog posts enabled.

I also noticed that posts created through Community Builder are not displayed in Joomla Backend.

Please be sure articles aren't being filtered using the filtering options. They should display perfectly fine in backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Opendreas
  • Opendreas
2 weeks 3 days ago #339292 by Opendreas

Can you provide a screenshot of your issue? TinyMCE should let you adjust it by dragging the corner unless you've non-HTML blog posts enabled.

Please be sure articles aren't being filtered using the filtering options. They should display perfectly fine in backend.

I'm sure there is no filtering.

• Opendreas
  • Opendreas
2 weeks 3 days ago - 2 weeks 3 days ago #339294 by Opendreas

The problem is not only in the backend, but the Activity also does not display the article. Something went wrong error message is displayed. Perhaps the problem arises due to the multilingual nature of the site.

PS: I can't attach a screenshot to the forum
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Opendreas.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon