Skip to Content Skip to Menu

No DB tables created

• jdstone
  • jdstone
12 years 2 months ago #208452 by jdstone
No DB tables created was created by jdstone
Hello ... my install of 2.8 into a joomla 2.5 setup did not created and populate any tables in the database. I can manually insert them if I can get the appropriate sql files to import. Any ideas on what to do or where to get those files?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 2 months ago #208453 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: No DB tables created
I assume that you have installed the wrong package.

Please check the FAQ or this forum. The problem has been answered several times before.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• jdstone
  • jdstone
12 years 2 months ago #208458 by jdstone
Replied by jdstone on topic Re: No DB tables created
I think I did initially install the wrong package. When it didn't work I removed everything from the administrator's end. Then, I went back and downloaded the right package and installed it. It did not work either. Everything showed up in the tabs fine, but errored when clicking anything. Upon examining the DB, there were NO tables created for the IM program - none. Now, I have gone thru the entire database table by table, line by line and removed everything related to the IM program. Now I will try re-installing.

I DID read the instructions on upgrading the DB .... unfortunately I can't modify tables which do not exist.

It is very confusing having things packaged the way they are. There is a TON of FAQ to read (121 pages I believe) to install what should be a simple joomla plugin. The answers I have found all assumed there were tables created. Mine DB had none.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #208462 by slabbi
When you have installed the wrong package there is no way to fix it by only deinstalling/reinstalling the correct package.

Please read the FAQ or www.joomlapolis.com/forum/25-uddeim-plugin-and-component/157512-solved-j16--17--25-non-created-admin-menus

You don't have to read 121 pages, you have only to read the chapter that describes your problem (you can search inside a PDF or check the TOC).

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by slabbi.

• jdstone
  • jdstone
12 years 1 month ago #208536 by jdstone
Replied by jdstone on topic Re: No DB tables created
"No way to fix it" ?????????

I removed everything possible from the administrator's end. I went thru the tables line by line and removed everything I could find uudeim related. I ran the follwing two sql commands each removed one or two lines from tables (DB table prefix is jml):

DELETE FROM `jml_menu` WHERE `link` LIKE '%uddeim%'
DELETE FROM `jml_extensions` WHERE `element`='com_uddeim'

I created the images folder in the root and chmod it to 777. Inside, a blank index.html and .htaccess with the proper directive. Installed proper English-only version (com_uddeim_j16_english_only.zip). I did not get the menu error this time when installing. Installed each of the following successfully without errors:

cb_plug_pms_uddeim.zip
cb_plug_pms_uddeim_blocking.zip
cb_plug_pms_uddeim_inbox.zip
cb_plug_pms_uddeim_profilelink.zip
mod_uddeim_j16.zip
mod_uddeim_mailbox_j16.zip
mod_uddeim_statistics_j16.zip
plug_uddeim_contentlink_j16.zip
plug_uddeim_searchbot_j16.zip

Created a menu item. Made sure the menu item had the tight id. It appears in the navigation. Errors upon clicking.

Checked settings and published all the modules. That broke entire the site with this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare uddeimmodcheckcb() (previously declared in /home/jstone45/public_html/gottaprowl.com/modules/mod_uddeim/mod_uddeim.php:420) in /home/jstone45/public_html/gottaprowl.com/modules/mod_uddeim/mod_uddeim.php on line 424

Unpublished all the modules. The whole site is no longer broken but the modules still appear in the grid to which they were assigned.

Still errors when clicking the menu item and when clicking the links in the modules.

Through all of the installs and adjustments, there still were no uudeim-specific tables created in the DB.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #208540 by slabbi
You can fix it when you follow the FAQ or the posting above.

Nevertheless it seems that you are still using an older module, plugin or CB plugin from a previous uddeIM version because of the "redeclare uddeimmodcheckcb" error.

This error appears when one plugin, module, or CB plugin from an previous version is mixed with the most current version of uddeIM.

I guess that it is the CB PMS plugin that has been installed twice (it has been renamed in uddeIM 2.6 package, so some people have still the old one installed and installed the newer one additionally).

The uddeIM specific tables should be installed or do you still get the db error? If so you have a serious problem with your site. Reinstall Joomla in order to get a working site and install uddeIM on that clean system.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slabbi.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon