Skip to Content Skip to Menu

"Send" button has white text and white background

15 years 8 months ago #89357 by Soulfire42
I'm encountering the white text, blank background Send Button problem too. In reading the FAQ.pdf, I thought I could solve the problem by editing the uddeim css file. I tried that and no matter what color I changed it to, it appeared to be ignored.

I then tried changing Community Builder templates after reading a this thread. I tried them all and they would change the template, but the text remained white and the background of the button stayed transparent.

I'm using a template system that includes 7 variations. All seven template options for Joomla have the same problem within Community Builder when I get to the Private Message Send Button section. On three of the template style choices I am using, I can read the "Send" button, but only because it is white text on a darker background. On the other four it is not readable. On all of them the button itself is transparent and the text is white.

I'm now believing I have a CSS file or some plugin that is overiding what I change in the uddeim css. I need a little more assistance in trying to figure out what text I should be searching for to try and correct the problem. I'm not all that skilled with CSS or anything, so I need to know where to look a bit more than searching for the color white in all the css files (that would be fruitless for me).

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 8 months ago #89362 by slabbi
Please try to remove following CSS definition completely

[code:1]#uddeim-writeform input.button {
font-family: Arial, Helv, Helvetica, "MS Sans Serif", "Sans Serif";
font-size: 11px;
border: 1px solid #c0c0c0;

}
[/code:1]

so the definition from your Joomla template should be used.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 8 months ago #89418 by Soulfire42
Let me start by first saying, "Thank you!" The speed of the response and a code-level response at that is greatly appreciated. Let me know where you'd like me to post some positive feedback and I'll be happy to do so :)

Now, having said that... let me just state that I feel like a bit of an idiot right now. I became a victim of tunnel vision as I searched for possible solutions. I was trying to follow directions a bit too much instead of opening my own eyes. Right there in front of me was not just uddeim.css, but also uddeim-ie.css.

The whole time I was just needing to edit the IE version to get the solution I was seeking. I changed the background color there to "blue" as suggested, and had my fix.

I am loving the work that has been done with uddeim and am obviously impressed with the rapid support response. Thanks again!

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon