Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Unable to complete uninstallation

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #213553 by skipclarke
Unable to complete uninstallation was created by skipclarke
php ver - 5.3.10
CB ver - 1.8.1 (now 1.9.0)
Joomla ver - 1.5.26
Kunena ver - 2.0.1

Problem - All of a sudden this site I manage started getting WSOD when you tried to register or edit a profile. Set php Memory to 64MB and then 128MB. Seemed to be fixed for a few minutes, but went back to WSOD.

Solution - We've decided to remove CB. I've been able to remove the three child plugins with no problem (login, mod and online). When I try and uninstall the base CB, I get these errors:

It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'comprofiler.html.php'
Component Uninstall: unable to remove the component site directory
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'snoopy.class.php'
Component Uninstall: unable to remove the component site directory

The comprofiler directories are still in the module and administrator directories, and nothing has been removed. The CB is removed from the component menu, and the menu configuration.

And, when I try to register someone, it still tries to use the CB registration.

I tried to reinstall, so that it wouldn't be half-way in and out. Upon trying to reinstall it says it can't write the files (they are already there). I can manually delete the two comprofiler directories. And then, I can reinstall to have a full install (though left unconfigured). But, I still can't remove.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by skipclarke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #213854 by skipclarke
Replied by skipclarke on topic Re: Unable to complete uninstallation
Is there any way to get help with this issue? Do I need to be a paying member of some sort?

I see that CB 1.9.0 is out. I've upgraded to that, and everything went fine. I still have the white screen errors, and there is still zero feedback with debugging. Could this be something in core Joomla? I've got php memory up to 128MB, so I don't see how it could be that.

If I was to disable CB, should I be able to just use the base Joomla user and login modules without having to try and uninstall everything?

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #213978 by skipclarke
Replied by skipclarke on topic Re: Unable to complete uninstallation
As per the FAQ you linked:

1 - Check server error logs (not access logs) if you have access to them.

I've checked this, and there is nothing in the logs associated with CB or any user registration or profile editing.

2 - Go to your Joomla Administration panel, Site --> Global Configuration --> System Tab and turn on Site Debugging, then try reloading page, and check page source (HTML source). Don't forget to turn site debug off again after you have finished.

Tried this. As per my previous post, the page is completely blank. View Source on the page shows one line of code, and it's blank.

3 - If it the blank page is outside CB (no "option=com_comprofiler" in URL), e.g. in joomla during installation, add following to the index.php (or index2.php, whichever is in the URL) in frontend or backend where it gives you a blank page, just after the first " ini_set( 'display_errors', true ); error_reporting( E_ALL );

I go to the Admin panel, and then go to "Components > Community Builder > User Manager". I try to click on a user name to edit it. The URL associated with the link to edit the user name is: www.seventhkingdomige.com/nj/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers#edit

In fact the link never changes for each user. There is no User ID or anything. I click any user, and it redirects to www.seventhkingdomige.com/nj/administrator/index.php

If I go "Site > User Manager", the list of users have links that include an @cid[]=xxx

4 - Check your web server error log for errors generated by your website. You might be able to locate the culprit by identifying the logged error.

No errors here...

5 - Often, it's due to lack of memory, see other relevant links below.

I've upped it to 128MB, and even 256MB. Still white screen...

• nant
  • nant
11 years 11 months ago #213994 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Unable to complete uninstallation
Not really sure what more to tell you - turning on debug to maximum level should show you lots of info.

Yes paid support (Professional membership) could help you identify the issue as it would enable trained experienced staff to physically inspect your installation.

• beat
  • beat
11 years 11 months ago #214010 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Unable to complete uninstallation
Since you have issues deleting those files, Joomla most probably had issues updating them too.

So you are probably running a mix of new and old CB files which leads to white screens (when Joomla debug is turned OFF).

Please check with your hoster to have proper files and folder permissions before simply reinstalling over CB 1.9 component and its modules.

Yes, remote support is not free, same as our food and hosting. But at least we offer them:
www.joomlapolis.com/support
www.joomlapolis.com/support/membership

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon