Skip to Content Skip to Menu

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

11 years 1 week ago #235081 by Papa Cheche
Replied by Papa Cheche on topic 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
Hi,
i've the same problem here...
and only when i want to edit users

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ckinberg
  • ckinberg
11 years 1 week ago #235104 by ckinberg
Replied by ckinberg on topic 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
Am having the same trouble myself. Trying to work with the hosting company and we've tried disabling all front-end modules, all plug-ins and all admin modules except the Login, Admin Menu and Toolbar and still have the issue. Have attempted using alternate admin templates and still run into the problem. If I pause 8-10 seconds after closing one profile I can open the next but any sooner and I encounter the 503 error.

I know it's not a traffic or bandwidth issue since I can duplicate the issue on a development account through the same hosting company. On the current site we're running Joomla 3.1 with CB 1.9 and on the dev account we've got a old site running Joomla 1.5 with CB 1.7. Both have the same issue.

11 years 1 week ago #235108 by Papa Cheche
Replied by Papa Cheche on topic 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
yes, and i noticed a bug too : when you select an user with the little square (excuse me for my bad english...), and you press Edit, you have an error message that tells you that you must select an user before...

11 years 6 days ago #235149 by Traveleyes
Replied by Traveleyes on topic 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
I'm getting same as you ckinberg. Can wait 10 seconds and able to save changes, wait again 10 seconds and able to edit again. I've enquired again with my hosts and the server meets all the required specs to run CB (PHP 5.4 and MYSQL 5.1).

Seems like has to be an issue with CB rather than server side...

• nant
  • nant
11 years 6 days ago #235151 by nant
Replied by nant on topic 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Traveleyes wrote: I'm getting same as you ckinberg. Can wait 10 seconds and able to save changes, wait again 10 seconds and able to edit again. I've enquired again with my hosts and the server meets all the required specs to run CB (PHP 5.4 and MYSQL 5.1).

Seems like has to be an issue with CB rather than server side...

How on earth can this be a CB issue?

CB does not have a timer.

The issue is most likely with your hosters PHP setup - I am guessing that some of the resources in their PHP ini file are not setup sufficiently and are causing what you are seeing.

If you or anyone in this thread can replicate this on a clean localhost I will take a closer look.

I am guessing that you will not see such issues on your localhost environment or even on the free Joomla demo environment here:

demo.joomla.org/

• ckinberg
  • ckinberg
11 years 6 days ago #235170 by ckinberg
Replied by ckinberg on topic 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
I've been running into the issue on our web accounts hosted through 1and1.com. Their tech support just dropped me a response of:

This 503 error and 10 second delay is due to our mod_security that has been implemented to prevent botnets to brute-force Wordpress and Joomla installations, the pattern : "POST /administrator/index.php" is the same pattern that normal logins use; to prevent botnets from brute-forcing huge lists with user/password combination there is an implemented delay of 10 seconds.

Can't blame them for trying to maintain security. Am working now to see if we can balance the delay against security by password protecting the admin folder or what options are available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon