Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Simultaneous renewal of plan and make a donation

• GeoffN
  • GeoffN
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #280233 by GeoffN
In June 2015 in response to a developer question you wrote: "CBSubs doesn't support renewing and making a new purchase at the same time or renewing multiple plans at the same time. You can only make new purchase all at the same time (if they're non-exclusive). Eventually we'll allow you to renew multiple plans or make new purchases with a renewal, but it's currently not implemented."

What progress have you made implementing this? For us it could be a show stopper because many of our subscribers like to make a donation every time they renew or even at random times during the year when their subscription is active. Other members whose subscription has lapsed make a donation when they reactivate the subscription. None of this is possible with CBSubs at present. Please address this as a matter of urgency.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by beat. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lousyfool
  • lousyfool
8 years 6 months ago #280235 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic Simultaneous renewal of plan and make a donation
+1

Been asking for renewal of multiple plans appr a week ago, too, and was told "it is very unlikely to be implemented soon." :(

See the thread here .
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeoffN

• GeoffN
  • GeoffN
8 years 6 months ago #280280 by GeoffN
I saw the thread. This is extremely disappointing. It should be fundamental to the design that business rules for registration plan combinations be replicated wherever possible for renewals. Why would they differ?
It's not good enough to rank bug fixes above a core functionality item like this. We paid our licence fee for CBSubs in good faith and now it looks as if we can't implement it. Fix this now, please!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

• lousyfool
  • lousyfool
8 years 6 months ago #280281 by lousyfool
Replied by lousyfool on topic Simultaneous renewal of plan and make a donation
I don't mean to make the discussion longer than necessary since the main point has been made already, but would still like to emphasize:

Yes, the feature (and one of the selling points of the anything-but-cheap CBSubs) of multiple subs and else in one basket is completed only half way, eventually costing a site owner conversions = sales in case of renewals/reactivations, plus in many cases extra transaction fees.

So, one could look at this also as a bug of this particular feature, as opposed to calling it a "feature request".

(Dear Devs, you're getting the drift: please don't make or keep it a feature request, eventually putting it off for many more months... ;) )
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeoffN

• GeoffN
  • GeoffN
8 years 6 months ago #280282 by GeoffN
I couldn't have said it better. This is a bug, not a missing feature

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #280325 by krileon
Bug, feature, it doesn't particularly matter. It is a design and functionality rewrite. What you're wanting is not a simple addition. We've to completely rework how renewals behave in addition to the entire design and function of the subscription tab.

Renewals were never designed to be renewed simultaneously or with additional purchases. How to implement this without breaking everyones site is a real concern here.

It is coming, it is planned, and we are looking into it. I just can't say as to when as we've more significant bugs to deal with right now. If you absolutely depend on such functionality being implement then I don't really know what to suggest, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon