Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Simultaneous renewal of plan and make a donation

• GeoffN
  • GeoffN
8 years 6 months ago #280326 by GeoffN
OK, so how do I present renewals without confusing subscribers or misleading them as to what they can legitimately do? I have 2 fee paying plans: Single and Family (exclusive) and an optional non-exclusive Donation with either. If a 'Single' subscriber is renewing, according to what you are saying she should be offered 'upgrade to Family' and nothing else. Only after she has renewed/upgraded can she revisit the Membership tab and choose 'make a donation'. The option to make a donation should not be visible before she renews. Am I right? If so how do I suppress that option so as not to confuse her because as it stands the donation option IS visible and if chosen results in an error message.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
8 years 6 months ago #280329 by beat
From what you say, your donations should not be 2 sub-plans from each subscription, but a single, independant, non-exclusive plan, at same level as the 2 exclusive plans. Then you can display it however you want, independently of the other 2 plans, and have your workflow and plan conditions set.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• GeoffN
  • GeoffN
8 years 6 months ago #280371 by GeoffN
Sorry if I misled you but Donations is a single, independent, non-exclusive plan at the top level. I made the other 2 paid plans also independent top level and tried both exclusive and non-exclusive for them. Still got the same result.

You say 'then you can display it however you want.' How do I present 'My Profile' to display just the current paid plan plus the alternative upgrade paid plan but NOT the donation? And if I do that how do I display an alternative 'My Profile' showing just the Donation option that is only accessible if the subscriber has a currently active paid plan. Do I make a copy of 'My Profile' and edit it somehow to selectively display the plans I want? Do I put it under a different menu called 'Donate'?

• beat
  • beat
8 years 4 months ago #282080 by beat
First of all, Sorry for missing this reply!

You can actually do it both ways. With menu and specific plans for menu (and not spontaneously offering the plan (In Admin area, in Edit Plan - Workflows tab), or:

In Admin area, in Edit Plan - Workflows tab - you can set many conditions of wether a plan/donation should display or not based on other fields or other plans. E.g. in "Static Conditions on already existing subscriptions and CB Fields and Dates to allow upgrades" you can select "this condition must be met to show upgrade to this plan", and select another active plan(s) as condition.

Those conditions will apply automatically to profile and any other places.

E.g. You can make donation requiring an active subscription.

The chapter on plans settings, in CBSubs Documentation, describes all settings this workflows tab. And also hovering the "i" will give many details and hints.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeoffN

• D1on
  • D1on
8 years 4 months ago #282113 by D1on
Hi Beat,

I'm having trouble trying to display 3 x (non exclusive) Donation plans that are on the save level as other Membership plans at Registration... The Donation plans will only display when ALL membership plans are displayed, but not when only one of the membership plans is selected...

Can you please let me know if it's possible to display the donation plans with just one individual membership plan at registion?

I have tried Dynamic Conditions and Static Conditions in the Workflow tab of the Donations plans and can't get these donation plans to display with only one membership plan at registration.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Dion.

• beat
  • beat
8 years 4 months ago #282123 by beat

D1on wrote: Hi Beat,

I'm having trouble trying to display 3 x (non exclusive) Donation plans that are on the save level as other Membership plans at Registration... The Donation plans will only display when ALL membership plans are displayed, but not when only one of the membership plans is selected...

What do you mean by "selected" ?

Is that by URL or menu ?

If by URL, you can select more than one plan if you are using specific URLs, by using dashes for plan ids, like 1-2-6 or 1-2s-6 if you want to pre-select plan id 2.

Can you please let me know if it's possible to display the donation plans with just one individual membership plan at registion?

You can choose which are displayed at registration by checking/unchecking "Allow registration" in plans list (or in workflows tab of plan edit).

I have tried Dynamic Conditions and Static Conditions in the Workflow tab of the Donations plans and can't get these donation plans to display with only one membership plan at registration.

Of course if you have additional conditions for plans, those will also be evaluated at registration. Maybe just the "Allow registration" checkmark would be enough in your case.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon