Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Install of cbsubstax - String could not be parsed as XML

• beat
  • beat
8 years 5 months ago #280926 by beat
Please try to install latest CBSubs and also CBSubs Promotions nightly, available from here:
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/downloads-single-items/cat_view/118-cbsubs-gpl-download-area

We have fixed a possibly related bug.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• UniMult
  • UniMult
8 years 5 months ago #281350 by UniMult
I installed the 8/5 nightly build and I still get "String could not be parsed as XML" when trying to install the subtax plug-in.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 5 months ago #281377 by nant

UniMult wrote: I installed the 8/5 nightly build and I still get "String could not be parsed as XML" when trying to install the subtax plug-in.

Please send me a PM (private message) with superadmin access credentials and I will take a look.

• UniMult
  • UniMult
8 years 5 months ago #281474 by UniMult
I PM you the login details. Thanks

• beat
  • beat
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #281775 by beat

UniMult wrote: I PM you the login details. Thanks

Nick has escalated the issue to me.

I have simply turned on the Joomla Site debug (as suggested in all our FAQs), and I see following error message appear:
Code:
Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): (null)(null)Entity: line 26711: parser error : out of memory error in /homepages/removed/htdocs/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbInstaller.php on line 195

So it is clearly a memory issue in the php process, either due to a php limit or an apache memory limit a linux-process-memory limit on your system (and obviously way below 256 MB).

Our memory-checker php file (also mentioned in our FAQ):
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/downloads-single-items/cat_view/77-free-member-download-area

can give you exact maximum PHP memory of your system by testing how much memory it can take for real. (I have no file-upload ftp access to your site so couldn't do the test). But obviously it needs to be increased to install that big plugin (it has a big XML file because it contains all provinces locations worldwide).

Something else than the php.ini memory_limit (that one has a generous 2048MB so it is not the issue) enforces the memory limitation. It could be a setting in the Apache configuration, the htaccess file or the php.ini file. Or a system process-memory limit. Only your hoster (or the person having root access to your server) can help you to find that limit.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by beat.

• UniMult
  • UniMult
8 years 5 months ago #281789 by UniMult
Thanks for looking into this. Your memory test stopped at 39M. Below is the hosts php.ini configuration. What setting needs to be changed and to what value?

Configuration option PHP 5.6
Zend Framework v2.6.0-dev
allow_call_time_pass_reference Not supported
allow_url_fopen Activated
display_errors Activated
error_reporting 22517
html_errors Activated
include_path .:/usr/lib/php5.6
log_errors Deactivated
magic_quotes_runtime Not supported
magic_quotes_sybase Not supported
max_execution_time 50000
memory_limit 120M
post_max_size 8M
precision 14
safe_mode Deactivated
short_open_tag Activated
upload_max_filesize 40M

Moderators: beatnantkrileon