Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Some CBSubs usage questions

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 4 months ago #265726 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Some CBSubs usage questions
You need to create plans within CBSubs > Plans and ensure they're set to display on registration (see the Workflows and Access tabs while editing your plan). They also need to be published. You also need to ensure you've at least 1 gateway available in CBSubs > Gateways (you can create a dummy test gateway or offline gateway for testing). Next ensure the Subscriptions tab in CB > Tab Management is public and published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cagoffice
  • cagoffice
9 years 4 months ago #265728 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Some CBSubs usage questions
Ok got it!! Now I am cooking!

Sorry I am on page 358 of the manual and I still didn't know how to see my plans and registration on my website. I didn't want to continue without asking the dumb questions.

Another question- I have 4 or 5 file upload fields in my registration form. I need a rule where the applicant needs to upload at least 1 of the file fields before they can apply- how do I do this? I know how to make each field mandatory but I don't know how to make them fill out at least 1 of a set of fields.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 4 months ago #265729 by krileon
Just mark the first file field as required in CB > Field Management. Then only that 1 of 4 or 5 is mandatory with the others being optional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cagoffice
  • cagoffice
9 years 4 months ago #265732 by cagoffice
Sorry I may not have worded my question properly.

The file uploads are different things (i.e. transcript, certificate and license for example). They need to upload at least one piece of evidence so transcript isn't mandatory, but they need to upload at least one.

• cagoffice
  • cagoffice
9 years 4 months ago #265755 by cagoffice
Also, another question- Yesterday I did one run through with one plan to see how the workflow works. I noticed that when the moderator approves the applicant, they receive TWO emails:
"Your application has been approved by our administration team" etc.
The emails look identical with one small change- at the bottom the URL it says the email is generated from, one says http:// and one says https://.

How do I change this so they only receive 1 email? Sending 2 that are identical seems weird.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 4 months ago #265756 by krileon

The file uploads are different things (i.e. transcript, certificate and license for example). They need to upload at least one piece of evidence so transcript isn't mandatory, but they need to upload at least one.

Then no that's not doable. I'd make them more generic file fields so they can upload any of the documents you require then just mark the first one required.

Also, another question- Yesterday I did one run through with one plan to see how the workflow works. I noticed that when the moderator approves the applicant, they receive TWO emails:
"Your application has been approved by our administration team" etc.
The emails look identical with one small change- at the bottom the URL it says the email is generated from, one says http:// and one says https://.

How do I change this so they only receive 1 email? Sending 2 that are identical seems weird.

They shouldn't receive 2 same emails. The normal Pending and Welcome emails should still send as configured in CB > Configuration > Registration. If you've admin approval enabled then they'll also receive an email letting them know they've been approved and can now login. Only reason I can think of 2 approval emails being sent is you approved, unapproved, then approved again. Please describe your exact test workflow and will attempt to confirm here locally.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon