Skip to Content Skip to Menu

cb_package as normal download solution usable?

• wegda
  • wegda
5 years 9 months ago #309978 by wegda
Hi i need a download solution for my member. Can i used cb_package for files e.g. docx, pdf, xls and so on as a single file? Howto ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #309988 by krileon
Yup, can work fine as a normal download solution as it supports multiple custom types. We're using custom types for our documentation downloads. The Joomla packaging features should be off/hidden if you have no Joomla packages so it should just look like a download manager. Custom types also support the version parsing features as well so you can even easily version your downloads.

Unfortunately it can not package custom types to a single download at this time, but that's planned in a later release by supporting different package outputs (e.g. like just a zip file of the select files without the package installer).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

• wegda
  • wegda
5 years 9 months ago #310044 by wegda
Ok. But you do not describe the way to make a download without the packager, or describe wich downloadmanager for community builder works and is the best solution.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 9 months ago #310053 by krileon
Packages in CB Package Builder are just the downloads. So for example on our downloads page below the "CBSubs Manual" is a package, but it's using a Custom Type (Type is used to categories the downloads) so it simply is a raw download.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/documents

Clicking their download button just directly downloads that file. There's no "select 5 and download a single zip" functionality for Custom Types at this time so if you're needing that then it won't be sufficient for your needs.

As you're already a Developer subscriber I recommend giving it a try on your own site or exploring it on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• wegda
  • wegda
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #310112 by wegda
Ive ask u for a description to make an download available! I cant create a download. The error is : Cant save package text.doc, Filename does not match this package! Name: Fragebogen.docx. Package: .
Pls give show me the steps to create a download for pdv, xls, docx and so on.

Sry but the support is more complicated and time consuming. Ive checked the admindemosite you provided but cant find the the different.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by wegda.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #310120 by krileon
When you create a package you need to supply the path to where the file is stored to Download. If you choose to upload a file just below that parameter then you need to be sure the uploaded file matches the filename supplied in your file path for Download. It works off of paths like this because it allows files to be managed with FTP or CLI operations; you just replace the file at its path as specified in Download or add another versioned file in the same path and CB Package Builder will automatically pick it up.

For non-Joomla packages be sure Type is set to Custom. You can then use Custom Type and Sub-Type parameters to further categories the packages.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon