Skip to Content Skip to Menu

cb_package as normal download solution usable?

• wegda
  • wegda
5 years 8 months ago #310134 by wegda
Ok

Ive try to create a new donwload. In settings packager tab Downloads the download folder path is set to /Downloads ive created before inside the joomlas root. Now ive uploaded the file *.docx and set the path to /*.docx and save it. It is ok. Now i try to download the file with no success. The error is: File not found home/wegwbde/rdaev.wegwb.de. The file isnt saved inside the folder rdaev.wegwb.de/Downloads/
Whats is wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #310137 by krileon
Please read the parameter descriptions carefully. The * replacement is for the version tag. It is not a wildcard for grabbing any random docx file. So for example you'd have the following files.

test_1.0.docx
test_2.0.docx
test_3.0.docx

For the above you'd set the "Download" parameter to test_*.docx to support versioning. You are also using a leading slash, which as the description of the parameter states will cause it to path from webroot so you don't need to use a leading slash in your case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• wegda
  • wegda
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #310160 by wegda
i give up. Your describtion is confused me.

Ive set Title
then ive set under tab package the DOWNLOAD the name of the file within a * . The ive select the file and click save. Sometime is ist ok.
If i try to download the file i gets the error message u can see it at the pic.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by wegda.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #310173 by krileon
You don't have a version in your file. So you don't need to be using *. The description of the parameter is very clear on its purpose. Since you don't have a version just set the Download parameter to bewerbung.doc otherwise you need to version your files like the following.

bewerbung_1.0.doc
bewerbung_2.0.doc

You would then set Download to bewerbung_*.doc if you want versioning. You also should not have a trailing slash for the Root parameter. It's possible your parameter descriptions don't make much sense if the language plugin you're using did not translate them well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by krileon.

• wegda
  • wegda
5 years 8 months ago #310201 by wegda
Why u not give me an example for setting is right?

The Problem is everytime the download isnt success because the path its wrong. See the error picture ive show you.
Whatever ive set isnt work. And when i check at the root to my joomla installation the file isnt present there. And i cant find it at the setted path to.

So i leave the packager with no success. The documentation is blank so the tool is useless for me.

• krileon
  • krileon
5 years 8 months ago #310208 by krileon

Why u not give me an example for setting is right?

I've already given you examples of how to set it right. I don't know what more to tell you. If you have a "Downloads" folder in Joomla root then you'd set "Root" to /Downloads. If you've a file named "bewerbung.doc" in the /Downloads folder then you'd set the "Download" parameter of your package to bewerbung.doc.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon