Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Secondary User Confirmation

• jwwicks
  • jwwicks
14 years 4 months ago #134734 by jwwicks
Replied by jwwicks on topic Re:Secondary User Confirmation
Hello,

Yeah I'm actually tracking that down right now with the latest version of CB. Are you getting the "unable to activate the user... Manual activation required" message??

Jw

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #134736 by toodooloo2004
Replied by toodooloo2004 on topic Re:Secondary User Confirmation
no unfortunately no message at all... I have checked my spam inbox and there is nothing at all. However the normal moderator email is sent by CB informing that a new user has registered and requires approval.

• jwwicks
  • jwwicks
14 years 4 months ago #134737 by jwwicks
Did you click that link and activated the account, the plugin doesn't do anything till after a user has verified their email and activated their account...

Jw

14 years 4 months ago #134738 by toodooloo2004
Sure did... I've been through the registration process about a dozen times testing it... but still no joy :) lol

• jwwicks
  • jwwicks
14 years 4 months ago #134739 by jwwicks
Hmm, I get all the way to the confirm/deny message

Name : John Wicks
Email : xxxx@domain.com
WatchField: 1234567890

Confirm:
http://localhost/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=nxtlvlconfirm&confirmcode=regf951448e18bc388f9a438d0ff89419f906b364a3

Deny:
http://localhost/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=nxtlvldeny&confirmcode=regf951448e18bc388f9a438d0ff89419f906b364a3

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from My Test Machine (http://localhost).

Jw

14 years 4 months ago #134740 by toodooloo2004
there must be enough difference in the new comprofiler.php file to cause the in-operability of you hack.

Perhaps Nick or Beat or some other generous and skilled Joomlapolitan could help convert your code to a plugin that wouldn't require the hack to the core... that way everyone in the CB community could benefit from the plugin.

I must say it would be a great addition and its usefulness would be almost limitless.

particularly if there was a way to set the email "to" field to a custom CB field. That way a webmaster could set it to send a secondary confirmation to anyone, to anyone the user nominated in the custom field or to the user themselves by using the default CB email field

Also just another thought... I wonder if any of the CB configuration settings are stopping my installation from working... like the "allow moderators to approve users" setting etc. Just wondering how you have your CB configuration set up?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon