Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User Mp3 Player Profile Tab

• Pinhead
  • Pinhead
18 years 2 months ago #17690 by Pinhead
User Mp3 Player Profile Tab was created by Pinhead
I am looking for a way to make user profile tab with a music player..Much like Myspace or www.rockstarlottery.com

I have scoure the forums and tried countless options..

Please could someone help me out..And i am sure many others want to know.

I created a decent subject for this..So if a GURU out there could hep and post a way to do this. I think future NEWBIES will find the answers easier with my subject heading.

If possible do not redirect to other forum links..I have followed 100's already as have others...So fresh updates and input please..

thank you..

PS - www.rockstarlottery.com has impled CB well..Although not nicely

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jeffason
  • jeffason
18 years 2 months ago #17693 by jeffason
Replied by jeffason on topic Re:User Mp3 Player Profile Tab
Nant's profile gallery supports any file type, so uploading of mp3's is possible using that plugin.

I made a post, I will pay someone $20 to "clone" the plugin so that I can have a Photo Gallery AND a music gallery tab, each using seperate database fields ( for separation of quota, etc )

After this is done I will also pay someone so I can have more fields associated with the mp3s, such as Genre, BPM, etc.

It's being worked on! Perhaps you want to chip in another $20 and perhaps someone will be quicker to help us?!

Post edited by: jeffason, at: 2006/07/26 23:27

• Pinhead
  • Pinhead
18 years 2 months ago #17695 by Pinhead
Replied by Pinhead on topic Re:User Mp3 Player Profile Tab
Well its not that i dont want to pay.. But i kinda of believe in the spirit of OPEN SOURCE...

I think it is something that needs to be devoleped a a standard, this said i would chp in $20..provided i get to test the device first..

Ultimatly we need a free soulution.. www.rockstarlottery.com have CB running with nice mp3 system..

All i want is exactly the system they have:woohoo:

• jeffason
  • jeffason
18 years 2 months ago #17698 by jeffason
Replied by jeffason on topic Re:User Mp3 Player Profile Tab
This is where our opinions may differ. Let me tell you why I would prefer a modification of Nant's gallery.

1) The layout is fixed using the XSPF player in that way. I would want a table layout of the songs much like Profile Gallery provides for files. This way we can change the layout, add fields displayed, etc, and not need to upload photos for every song. Over time, instead of simply a link to the file, the display would include a "button" type flash player so you just click the play icon and it would play.

2) Nant's gallery has a quota implementation, and lots of other built in features

3) A module for nant's gallery that gets random/etc entires is being developed and could be modified to grab the songs.

I dont know you would be willing to chip in on this kind of project.

I wouldnt mind the end result being open source, but at the end of the day developers should rightfully be compensated.

• gypsydogg
  • gypsydogg
18 years 2 months ago #17856 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:User Mp3 Player Profile Tab
Did they do a custom profile tab, www.rockstarlottery.com
is exactly the layout and features I am trying to do, is there a plug-in for this??

gypsydogg

• Pinhead
  • Pinhead
18 years 2 months ago #17866 by Pinhead
Replied by Pinhead on topic Re:User Mp3 Player Profile Tab
MUSIC is possbily the driving force for most websurfers.. I really think a profile Mp3 player that can take about 4 song or admin approved amount..With a way to allow subscribers to increase the amount..Should eb a standard Component - Plug in - Module - Tab

It needs to be that easy to install

Moderators: beatnantkrileon