Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User Mp3 Player Profile Tab

17 years 5 months ago #36278 by alex_funky_dj
Replied by alex_funky_dj on topic Re:User Mp3 Player Profile Tab
grafixexpress wrote:

bobhinkle wrote:

i managed to create a mp3 player tab for my profiles at www.zaksenterprises.com . I used the free flash mp3 player and some basic code to get it working. it uses a small script for uploading and updating the song information. still working on geting id3 tags working still.

Cool! How did you do this?

Post edited by: grafixexpress, at: 2007/04/23 04:09

Same Question !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bobhinkle
  • bobhinkle
17 years 5 months ago #36349 by bobhinkle
Replied by bobhinkle on topic Re:User Mp3 Player Profile Tab
The player itself is from www.jeroenwijering.com/ . i just created a custom script that uses a mysql database and a php script file to load the playlist from the database based on the $user->id variable. you have to create a table in your joomla database cause it uses the same one. to create the table you would use:

CREATE TABLE mp3player(userid int,filepath varchar(17), numofsongs int,owner int,primary key(userid));

I guess i could add it to the install script if someone could help with that. i'm not too familiar with how that stuff works. But once the table is created the plugin handles everyone thing else. You just put in the filepath where the songs are going to be stored and the max size of the file you want to except. i need to make this a parameter in the plugin cause right now it is hardcoded into the plugin.

• hnudel
  • hnudel
17 years 5 months ago #36443 by hnudel
Replied by hnudel on topic Re:User Mp3 Player Profile Tab
I've been looking for an mp3 player for community builder for some time now. I'm not much of a coder at all, most graphic designers aren't but I did notice on the Joomla extensions site that someone has released a player for community builder (its called Media MP3 Player - Community Builder Edition). I've purchased a copy and it seems pretty good. Thought you guys might like to know

• bobhinkle
  • bobhinkle
17 years 5 months ago #36486 by bobhinkle
There you go. I'll offer mine for free. I'll upload it to my server for downloading over at www.zaksenterprises.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=84

17 years 5 months ago #36570 by russellharrower
Replied by russellharrower on topic Re:User Mp3 Player Profile Tab
how do i get this script?

• bobhinkle
  • bobhinkle
17 years 5 months ago #36584 by bobhinkle
i just uploaded it to www.zaksenterprises.com in the downloads section. you need to download it and change a few items to work for you site. i documented it as much as i could think of. just ask if you have questions.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon