Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User Mp3 Player Profile Tab

• bobhinkle
  • bobhinkle
17 years 5 months ago #36625 by bobhinkle
Replied by bobhinkle on topic Re:User Mp3 Player Profile Tab
i added a section too on my sites forums if you guys need help or have questions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #36789 by Jesuslavex
Replied by Jesuslavex on topic Re:User Mp3 Player Profile Tab
I'm having a booger of a time getting this thing running. I'm getting a ton of SQL errors. I edited the server and directory path info and it seems fine, but its now moved on to fetching the tab, and erroring out on the backing with something about upload areas.

Can you post some kind of tutorial on how to ge this up and running from start?

• bobhinkle
  • bobhinkle
17 years 5 months ago #36908 by bobhinkle
Here is my tutorial:

1) Until i add the database stuff to do it automatically you will need to add a field to your joomla database for the player.
To do this you need to execute this command on your joomla database:
CREATE TABLE mp3player(userid int,filepath varchar(17), numofsongs int,owner int,primary key(userid));

This will create the table needed to store the music information.

2) Next thing you need to do is download the flash player from www.jeroenwijering.com . unzip the folder and upload it to some folder on your site.
Now you will need to update the $homepath variable to point to this folder. You would use the url to the folder like " www.yoursite.com/flashplayer/ ".

3) Next update your $plugin path. This is the full url link, like " www.yoursite.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_mp3player/ "

4) the next thing you need to set is your $filedir. this is the path to where the music is going to be uploaded to. this needs to be the full server path like
"var/www/html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_mp3player/files/"

5) the next field is the $upload_dir. this is the same as the $filedir field except it doesn't have the full server info:
"/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_mp3player/files/"

6) you need to set your $MAX_SIZE field to restrict file sizes. this is in bytes so like 7000000 is 7MB.

Thats it. i am working on making these field parameters so that you don't have to look at code all day. maybe someone can help me with this. I'm still a newbie to CB coding.

• youngarmy
  • youngarmy
17 years 5 months ago #36949 by youngarmy
Replied by youngarmy on topic Re:User Mp3 Player Profile Tab
I did exactly what you told us to do, but the player loads and loads but doesn't play the music.

I checked if the uploaded files are complete, yes they are !

And I figured out that when I put the plugin to different place on the profile instead of the main tab it does not appear.

Any ideas ?

• youngarmy
  • youngarmy
17 years 5 months ago #36950 by youngarmy
Replied by youngarmy on topic Re:User Mp3 Player Profile Tab
Another error , (maybe they are connected)

when i try to access the plugin in the administration I get the following error :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare uploadfile() (previously declared in /home/www/web319/web319u1/html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.php:2715) in /home/www/web319/web319u1/html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_mp3player/mp3player.php on line 291

• bobhinkle
  • bobhinkle
17 years 5 months ago #37063 by bobhinkle
ok first part, if the player is loading but the songs aren't playing what you can do is load the page with the player and then view the source. do a search for the term "mp3". it should be like the 2nd one that comes up but basically you are looking for the file name that the database has on record. than see if that file exists in your files folder. This way you can also verify the paths you setup are correct.

as far as the uploadfile() function error you might have to change the function because of a conflict. just change it in the mp3player.php file and than reupload.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon